PDA

View Full Version : look this up moderators

joeljansson
09-17-09, 12:51 PM
when im going to hey capitan wanna taste my soup thread it comes up a warning of it saying its www.ashouterland.com look this up

Webster
09-17-09, 01:57 PM
thank you for the notice but i checked it out and its not the site or the thread so it has some connection to your situation.

i even checked the link and got this:

Sorry, we can't find "www.ashouterland.com". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.

it might be a browser related issue or spam on your computer but i have also seen sometimes that third party redirection ads get in through connections with other networks and things so thats probably what you had.

DarkFish
09-17-09, 05:18 PM
I get a similar message as joeljansson (same thread) so I guess there's something wrong with one of the posts. The message I get (translated):The servers certificate doesn't match the hostname. Acccept?with a textbox containing a link to southernseason.com.
There must either be something pretty messed up in a post or signature, or we have a spammer :nope:

Browser: Opera mobile

Webster
09-17-09, 08:15 PM
joeljansson from sweden has it and DarkFish from the netherlands has it too so its definately related to europe somehow but im in the states and i see nothing like it so it must be the isp or overseas server or something but its definately not a problem for me here in the USA.

at this point i can only guess :hmmm: but my money is on it being an unsecured server somewhere in the system used to connect you

joeljansson
09-18-09, 08:26 AM
I get a similar message as joeljansson (same thread) so I guess there's something wrong with one of the posts. The message I get (translated):with a textbox containing a link to southernseason.com.
There must either be something pretty messed up in a post or signature, or we have a spammer :nope:

Browser: mozila firefox

wes it was sothernseason.com not sutherland.

SteamWake
09-18-09, 08:37 AM
I got some sort of thing pop up but my firewall dissed it. Havent seen it since.

This was at work in North America using Internet Explorer.

I noticed it after the Warhol paintings were posted.

Webster
09-18-09, 11:05 AM
I got some sort of thing pop up but my firewall dissed it. Havent seen it since.

This was at work in North America using Internet Explorer.

I noticed it after the Warhol paintings were posted.

ok so we have something from USA too then so its not limited to europe

can you remember who made the post so i can check it out, link maybe?