PDA

View Full Version : Supply Mission Problem

btaft
09-15-09, 02:01 PM
I have been out of the loop for a while but decided to fire up SH4 with TM mod and give it a whirl. I really like what was done here in the MOD.

I ran into a problem on my first mission of my career. I was taking an S-18 out of the phillipines and tasked to deliver supplies to troops in the field.

I got underway and got most of the way there and saved it (i have limited time to play). When I loaded it back up, I waited for dark and work my way well within 3 nm of the marker and never got the signal to offload supplies.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong.....is this a TM thing. Is this an issue with saved games (i..e I remember from stock SH4 if you saved anywhere near other ships, they were all messed up when you loaded it back up)

Any insight is appreciated

ETR3(SS)
09-15-09, 02:05 PM
I'm not a TM player but I've had these types of missions myself. Each time whether it was a supply drop, agent insertion, or raiding party you have to get pretty close to the shore for the inflatable to row to shore. So good call on the waiting until night. With a S Boat you should have plenty of keel depth to get in the shallows and complete this mission.

btaft
09-15-09, 02:31 PM
ETR3 (SS), Getting in close is not the problem.....I am within 400 yards of the marker on the map. I just don't see anything that allows me to launch the raft. I am probably missing something pretty obvious :-)

Armistead
09-15-09, 02:54 PM
Did you come to a complete stop. Also, check your messages. Many times you will get a message that you have to wait on station for 24 or more hours.

sergei
09-15-09, 03:19 PM
I've had that happen to me a few times.
Once I found that going to periscope depth and then resurfacing got the "Launch Boat" command to kick in.
The other time I stayed there for hours, sailed all around the coast where the mission icon was and nothing.
Gave up on that one, headed out to sea to sink some ships.
Sometimes you just gotta let it go!

DigitalAura
09-15-09, 10:48 PM
400 yards... that's NOT close enough! I remember the same thing happening in a spy drop mission. I couldn't believe they wanted me to beach the bloody boat so he wouldn't get his feet wet!

btaft
09-16-09, 06:48 AM
Armistead,

You hit the nail on the head. I had been getting messages to remain on station and maintain radio silence for 12hours. I guess I just kind of ignored that thinking they were unrealted. I tried it again and mission success.

I do have one question though.....The mission statement said we needed to transport 31 tons of supply......how in the world do they fit that on one rubber dingy with two guys paddling....lol

sergei
09-16-09, 08:10 AM
Ah so that's what it is.
Next time I'll know to check my message log.
Thanks guys :up:

goggy
01-29-10, 05:58 PM
perhaps a bit late, but this worked for me for completing a supply mission !

sergei
01-29-10, 06:46 PM
Seeing as this has come up again, What I have found works every time is this.

Draw a circle about 3000 yards of the drop off point.
Sail into it.
Order all stop.
Then it will ask you if you want to launch the boat.

It seems to be ordering the engines to stop is what triggers the boat launch.
Works for me every time.