PDA

View Full Version : I'm ****ed - vert. sync lost in SH4?!?

msalama
09-15-09, 12:23 PM
I'm in a feekin' s**tstorm here guys.

Used to use old NVidia drivers (8x.xx) because they were the only version I got SH4 to properly work with (well with my ageing setup at least, have a GeForce 7600GS here). But now that I've gotten seriously into DCS:BS as well - and was thus forced to upgrade to 185.85 because they absolutely give me the best FPS in there - I'm finding that I don't have any vertical sync in SH4 anymore. Have tried putting it on in the game, in the driver, every *******king where, but it just doesn't work, period. The picture just keeps on rolling and that's it :damn:

Knowing that I really want to get serious with that Tovariche chopper, what should I do? Junk SH4? Would hate to do that, now :wah:

Any ideas?

ETR3(SS)
09-15-09, 12:52 PM
Have you tried using the old driver again? I can't see any reason why you can't switch drivers every time you want to play SH4. Yeah it may take a couple of minutes to do, but that's the best I can think of at the moment.

msalama
09-15-09, 01:01 PM
No, sorry, that is too tedious indeed. Any ideas of how to make SH4 to work with more recent NVidia drivers, please?

Any? Buy U a beer, now :sunny:

Armistead
09-15-09, 02:58 PM
Have you tried using nHancer to override the settings. I think there is a sticky at top..best settings for Nvidia. I never had problems with that driver...

msalama
09-15-09, 03:06 PM
True, haven't tried nHancer yet. Well there's that indeed, see what happens, will report back...

S!

msalama
09-21-09, 08:28 AM
OK, found the reason I think.

Vanilla SH4 works right off the bat, AA and all, with no-gimmicky nHancer settings - AA x 4, AF none & AA compatibility generic. But RFB 1.52 doesn't - the vsync always goes crazy after the first station change in the game regardless of how I setup the driver!

Seems, then, that the culprit is Kriller's Pacific Environments 4 mod. Any ideas how to disable it and still keep RFB?

ETR3(SS)
09-21-09, 08:33 AM
I've run into a situation sorta like this with RFB as well. The Working Fans mod and the RUIM were bogging down my frame rate to 2FPS. What I did is downloaded the mods by themselves, compared files and replaced as necessary.

msalama
09-21-09, 08:38 AM
Cheers mate, will try that when I get back home. Thanks :up: