PDA

View Full Version : It's Das Boot all over again!

Commander Gizmo
09-13-09, 01:23 PM
I just had a Das Boot moment on patrol. I'm running under TC and almost to my patrol grid when I'm told we've spotted something. I rush up to the deck to have a look. Sure enough, another IXB is about to cross our path. I order all stop so we can talk to them, but they've got orders to make their best time back to port. As we drift forward I realize that we are on a collision course! I had to reverse my engines to avoid drifting into their boat.

I'm out in the middle of the ocean looking for merchants and I nearly hit one of our own subs. What are the chances?

bojan811
09-13-09, 01:53 PM
1:1000000
:haha:

Kpt. Lehmann
09-13-09, 01:59 PM
It sounds as if something interesting may be afoot in your operational area too. :shucks:

Feuer Frei!
09-14-09, 02:22 AM
what grid were/are you in? and what time/date period? hmm, are you playing the stock or gwx? wouldn't mind seeing if anyone else could "pick up" that conatct and if so, shadowing the sub to see where it was heading.....wolfpack anyone lol?

Damo
09-14-09, 03:45 AM
I had an early war meet with a VIIC as I headed to the channel, followed it past Dover-Calais and then took out 3 small merchants as a group effort with the deck guns. Was great fun and I look forward to it happening again, if ever.

Feuer Frei!
09-14-09, 04:32 AM
I had an early war meet with a VIIC as I headed to the channel, followed it past Dover-Calais and then took out 3 small merchants as a group effort with the deck guns. Was great fun and I look forward to it happening again, if ever.

Well done Kaleun, so long as you claimed the tonnage! :)

cawimmer430
09-14-09, 10:15 AM
One time I was hunting for ships near English coast (near Liverpool). Suddenly, on my map, a blue ship icon appears traveling in the same direction as me - Liverpool. It was definitely a friendly warship of some sort, and according to the ruler measurement tool it was about 15 km northwest from me so I never had visual contact. It was also at night and during a storm when this happened.

I always wondered if it was a German warship or a German submarine - probably the latter.