PDA

View Full Version : Engines Too Loud

Barkhorn1x
09-06-09, 10:00 AM
Hello all. Back after a rather long hiatus. And I needed to re-install.

Running v.15 with TMO 17.7 and RSRD V401 installed . All is working very well except that the engines are too damned loud - can't really hear the gramophone music. I tested 1.5 stock and got the same results.

I do not remember SHIV being like this in the past.

Anyone have this issue and a fix?

Thanks.

irish1958
09-06-09, 11:23 AM
I am not sure about SHIV, but in SHIII I had to increase the volume of the gramophone music and the volume of my radio mods to have them heard clearly over the sub noise. Because of the way they are played, there was no other solution.

Munchausen
09-06-09, 12:47 PM
:cool: My situation was just the opposite. So I used Sound Recorder to increase the volume for all (three, I think) engine files.

irish1958
09-06-09, 07:58 PM
I agree; this is why you can't make a single suggestion to cover ever computer and setup.

Armistead
09-06-09, 08:12 PM
Know it can be fixed, with TMO1.8 beta the engine sounds are way down.

Only thing I'm gonna do is find away to turn the deckgun sounds down. That bang is too loud. My wife never complains about sound until I get on the deckgun....not to mention the dog barks at it.

Barkhorn1x
09-09-09, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the responses. I ginned up a solution by using s sound file from another sim that is much lower.

Perhaps not too historically accurate but I can now hear the gramaphone and my nerves are no longer shot.

Bubblehead1980
09-10-09, 02:18 AM
lol Armistead/Wolfe....my dog has a fit when the depth charges are going off...I turn it up loud usually...much fun but dog goes crazy, amusing indeed.

ReallyDedPoet
09-10-09, 07:11 AM
You could always go into your Sound Recorder, located under Accessories on your Desk Top and manually turn down that sound file.
It's also a great way to tweak other files as well.

Barkhorn1x
09-10-09, 10:24 AM
You could always go into your Sound Recorder, located under Accessories on your Desk Top and manually turn down that sound file.
It's also a great way to tweak other files as well.

Damn son - never knew that application was even there. :yeah:

I will try it tonight.