PDA

View Full Version : German CL's not making hits

ExMachina
09-02-09, 11:27 AM
I don't know if this is a bug or just bad luck, but I've just done my second CPU-generated scenario where I had German CLs vs a mixed Brit force of destroyers, and a single British CL.

With gunnery set to 20, my CLs are able to hit the destroyers at a rate that seems realistic. However, my CLs cannot seem to hit the Brit CL to save their lives! My first scenario actually had the Brit CL dead in the water (from a torp hit) and, at a range of under 800meters to my CLs, my shots were hitting everywhere but the CL! Looking at the game log confirms this.

Last night was even more frustrating where I had the Brit CL in the middle of a semi circle of my 4 CLs and absolutely zero hits were scored out of 100's of rounds fired. Again, the range was short (<1000m). Even more strangely was that the Brit CL suddenly sank (I assume from a torpedo) however, the game log shows no hits scored on the British CL.

Does this sound like any known bug?

ExMachina
09-02-09, 09:00 PM
i went over the last battle log again. no record of **any** damage to CL falmouth but suddenly it sinks.

and again, i cannot believe that none of my ships could score a hit against the Brit CL at such short range. really seems like something weird is going on here (like i was scoring unregistered hits that suddenly added up to enough to cause the ship to sink?) is it worth my opening a ticket w/ SES?--i have the log file saved.

ExMachina
09-02-09, 09:54 PM
ok, one-man thread... :D

i've been reading up here and some people claim that AI hits (ie, hits on AI-controlled ships) don't show up in the game logs.

now, i know that this is not 100% accurate since SOME of the AI ships do have their hits/damage recorded. but is it a partially accurate statement? do not all hits on AI-controlled ships show up??

is this by accident or by design?

thanks again!

Bullethead
09-03-09, 03:42 PM
Were your battles in the day or the night? Accuracy at even short range wasn't that great. From reading Campbell, it appears that even at the short ranges of night battles, the CLs weren't getting more than about 10% hits.

As to what's in the log file, that changes from time to time. The log file's primary purpose is to diagnose user problems. Stuff about gunnery only shows up in it now and again when Norm wants to look at what that's doing. The reason why it doesn't stay in there is because if the gamelog file contained everything that goes on in the game, it would be simply too huge.

ExMachina
09-03-09, 03:53 PM
daylight and calm seas. my CL had no trouble hitting (and sinking) smaller Brit ships @ greater ranges, but in the case of the Falmouth, it was like she had a protective shield around her...and then she just sank. it was weird.