PDA

View Full Version : Das Boot movie.

ReFaN
08-29-09, 02:37 PM
i bought it this morning, and watched it.

i simply have to say, it was one of the best movies iv ever watched!

i particulary loved the Engineer guy, Johann. Acting was just superb!

lets face it, im now a Submarine lover. Having played SH3 a long time, along with SH4 since release, im hooked.

Just wanted too confess, no need too reply, just read.

Cary on everyone, Salutes!

Sailor Steve
08-29-09, 02:46 PM
Which version? To get the full effect you need to see the 5-hour "Original Uncut" version, known as the "Miniseries" version in the European market.

ReFaN
08-29-09, 03:07 PM
Which version? To get the full effect you need to see the 5-hour "Original Uncut" version, known as the "Miniseries" version in the European market.

seen the original version, no the minisieries one, will do as quick as i can.

aka, the 3 hour 25 min one.

Sailor Steve
08-29-09, 03:27 PM
Okay, that's the Director's Cut. The one they showed in theaters was only 2-1/2 hours.

Platapus
08-29-09, 04:17 PM
lets face it, im now a Submarine lover.

Welcome aboard! :salute:

nikimcbee
08-29-09, 09:14 PM
Okay, that's the Director's Cut. The one they showed in theaters was only 2-1/2 hours.

I love the director's cut, They re-did all of the sound. You need to watch it on an HD tv w/ surround sound:yeah:

Make sure you turn the sound up, so when they drop depth charges, it rattles the pictures on the wall.:yeah::woot:

Sailor Steve
08-31-09, 12:35 PM
I love the director's cut, They re-did all of the sound. You need to watch it on an HD tv w/ surround sound:yeah:

Make sure you turn the sound up, so when they drop depth charges, it rattles the pictures on the wall.:yeah::woot:
I can't afford an HDTV or Surround Sound. Also I gave away my copy of the Director's Cut a couple of years ago. I agree the sound and subtitles are the best on that version, but I'll never watch any but the 'Original, Uncut' 5-hour one again.:sunny:

Pillar
09-06-09, 12:08 AM
Thomson!!!!! Das is Thomson!!!!

Kloef
09-07-09, 05:36 AM
Smeckt wie Scheisse neh?Das ruhrei....wie baby ah ah:rotfl:

Yeah the miniseries is great..:cool:

Rapt0r56
09-07-09, 07:20 AM
Yes,
you must watch the 5 hour version too, i have both, but the (TV Series) you have a intensieve insight. In the Directors Cut missed Lieutnant Werner aka Grönemeyer's statements as an Marine Correspondent, and also the intresting Scenes on board like

Smeckt wie Scheisse neh?Das ruhrei....wie baby ah ah:rotfl:

Yeah the miniseries is great..:cool::up:

Thomen
09-07-09, 09:08 PM
Yes,
you must watch the 5 hour version too, i have both, but the (TV Series) you have a intensieve insight. In the Directors Cut missed Lieutnant Werner aka Grönemeyer's statements as an Marine Correspondent, and also the intresting Scenes on board like

:up:

Semmelrogges accent is just priceless. Can't watch it in the dubbed version tho.. Tried it once and couldnt stop laughing, because I was paying more attention to the accent then the movie itself.

john.marshel
09-12-09, 12:45 AM
i bought it this morning, and watched it.

i simply have to say, it was one of the best movies iv ever watched!

i particulary loved the Engineer guy, Johann. Acting was just superb!

lets face it, im now a Submarine lover. Having played SH3 a long time, along with SH4 since release, im hooked.

Just wanted too confess, no need too reply, just read.

Cary on everyone, Salutes!
Hi
Refen

I also like the submarine navy guys. Right now i am in Australian navy. Its really fantastic job. I already seen the movie, its reallly fantastic movie and also something different. I like this movie.
Thank for the put up this information.

Morpheus
09-15-09, 02:32 AM
I just watched the movie once again (5 hours miniseries of course(!)) last night, there is one thing i dont get. When they were going through the gibraltar passage, they were attacked (bombed) by an aircraft. Then they made a dive, after sprinting southwards for a couple of miles, and crushed to the ground.

So: Why did they go straight to the bottom?

There was no leaking? Just the front diveplanes where jammed!? So what?

In my opinion, with both engines full speed back and blowing the tanks they should have come to a stop! But they didn't.

So, what did i miss :88)

Frensen, du alte Sau! :haha:

Morpheus
09-15-09, 10:20 AM
i see, now everyone is rewatching the movie :D

ReFaN
09-15-09, 08:20 PM
Il look into the 5 hour one, Busy studying to become a Nurse tho. :oops:

looney
10-14-09, 06:27 AM
Aaarrgggghhhh

Which version to buy: 216min or the 286min version?

conus00
10-14-09, 01:43 PM
This one:
http://www.mov8.com/gallery/dvdcover/d/dasbootuncutr1art.jpg

293 min :D
the dustjacket has a different image on it:
http://www.amornmovie.com/shop/tool/showbimg.php?pid=00000010298

Sailor Steve
10-14-09, 04:28 PM
I just watched the movie once again (5 hours miniseries of course(!)) last night, there is one thing i dont get. When they were going through the gibraltar passage, they were attacked (bombed) by an aircraft. Then they made a dive, after sprinting southwards for a couple of miles, and crushed to the ground.

So: Why did they go straight to the bottom?

There was no leaking? Just the front diveplanes where jammed!? So what?

In my opinion, with both engines full speed back and blowing the tanks they should have come to a stop! But they didn't.

So, what did i miss :88)

Frensen, du alte Sau! :haha:
There was a lot of leaking. No, not leaking - flooding. As shown later, several of the pumps were knocked out. 800 tons of ship was heading downward. That's a lot of momentum to overcome. It happened to several submarines during the war. Actually it might have happened to a lot more, but they didn't survive to tell the story.

Herr Kaleun
10-16-09, 04:10 PM
"Das Boot" is my absolute favorite movie!:DL:rock:
I know the film by heart.:know:

One of the best scenes from "Das Boot":
"Ist das 'n Weihnachtsbaum?":doh:
"Natürlich ist das 'n Weihnachtsbaum oder meinst du wir tarnen damit die Brücke!?":roll:
:rotfl2:

joeljansson
10-25-09, 03:21 PM
I rented the movie on a library and laid in the couch in 5.3 hours non stop watching it from 10 to 4. I felt sorry for himwhen a guy throwes the oil filled blanket in his face, i laughed so hard when the watch man scream ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ARM and a guy runs out the toilet pants down and some guy shouths some thing to him:D:haha::har:
Joel.

frau kaleun
11-20-09, 09:40 AM
One of the things I really enjoy about the full mini-series version is that you see Herr Kaleun interact a lot more with some of the crew, and in different parts of the ship's interior. In the theatrical cuts I don't think he's seen anywhere other than the O-Messe, control room, and his own quarters except for once at the end when he's checking in on vital engine room repairs. In the extended cut, though, the level of involvement, concern, and oversight on his part throughout the patrol is far more explicit.

Plus he's just onscreen more which you will never hear me complain about ever. :D