PDA

View Full Version : Realistic ocean.

cobalt
08-26-09, 08:25 PM
One of my main concerns for sh5 will be whether or not they add a detailed model of the atlantic in.

No more uboat going under water with your whole watch crew just standing about during high waves as in sh3.

How cool would it be to fight it out with the waves like in Das Boot? It would make for an amazingly immerse experience to battle it out with the ocean and having it leave you nauseated to even play during a heavy atlantic storm.

Waves crashing into the tower. Water spewing threw the hatch into the sub. etc etc

first post in a LONG time btw.

Blood_splat
08-26-09, 08:34 PM
No more references to Das Boot. :rotfl: I kid!

http://www.jjgb.com/images/BigDasBoot.gif

Subnuts
08-26-09, 10:20 PM
I want my ocean to look like this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2571/3823834419_3e65537c3e_o.jpg

(Saltwater stains on monitor optional)

BulSoldier
08-27-09, 01:44 AM
Are the watch crew standing ? It seems they barely can show their heads above the bridge ?

W_clear
08-27-09, 04:28 AM
That is the most important with Realistic ocean and Realistic landscape.If there is no realistic ocean in the submarine simulation game , it would be a very failure of the game.

Jimbuna
08-27-09, 07:21 AM
Are the watch crew standing ? It seems they barely can show their heads above the bridge ?

I'm not so sure I'd want to in that weather :DL

JU_88
08-27-09, 07:35 AM
One of my main concerns for sh5 will be whether or not they add a detailed model of the atlantic in.

No more uboat going under water with your whole watch crew just standing about during high waves as in sh3.

How cool would it be to fight it out with the waves like in Das Boot? It would make for an amazingly immerse experience to battle it out with the ocean and having it leave you nauseated to even play during a heavy atlantic storm.

Waves crashing into the tower. Water spewing threw the hatch into the sub. etc etc

first post in a LONG time btw.

They can achieve some of this with improved partical effcts.
(They look MUCH better than Sh4 from screen shots I've seen)
but I really dont think its possible to give the ocean surface 'Real liquid physics.
At best - they might be able to get the watch crew to 'duck' from incoming bow spray. that would be a nice touch.

Fish40
08-27-09, 09:36 AM
Along with the realistic ocean (which IMO is paramount) would be the addition of safety lanyards attached to the crew during heavy weather.And while I'm at it for the love of God, could we please have seasonal clothing:damn:

V.C. Sniper
08-27-09, 03:52 PM
This is one of my most wanted features!

longam
08-27-09, 05:11 PM
Take the sub off the rails also, so it can ride the waves...

pythos
08-27-09, 05:16 PM
I just installed Lurker's environmental mod 9I forgot it's actual title) and he has got the boats riding the waves proper (or at least the person that made the mod originally and allowed to be included in the main mod.)

The boat pitches and rolls wildly in a storm.

That picture to me (that is to me mind you) looks slightly fake.

Looks like an old Propaganda still. Though to be honest how the heck that recruit sailors is quite beyond me.

But it looks like the tower is a mock up in a studio, and the seascape has been added in (which was possible to do, even before photo shop:)

Subnuts
08-27-09, 05:32 PM
That picture to me (that is to me mind you) looks slightly fake.

Looks like an old Propaganda still. Though to be honest how the heck that recruit sailors is quite beyond me.

But it looks like the tower is a mock up in a studio, and the seascape has been added in

It's from a series of photographs taken by Lothar-Gunther Buchheim in the book U-Boat War.

It's quite real, trust me.

THE_MASK
08-27-09, 05:45 PM
Like me , you want DX10 .

pythos
08-31-09, 06:26 PM
Then that pic is most likely of the actual U-96. That is so cool to see. It is funny how reality can look fake.

I would love to see more pics of his of his voyage.

Elder-Pirate
08-31-09, 07:03 PM

Good Grief Subnuts, you could at least wipe your monitor screen clean once in a while. :D

nattydread
08-31-09, 11:30 PM

I remeber a SHIV mod that had it pretty dadgum close to this...I'd assume it was noticed and will likly be adopted by the devs...I hope thats the case.