PDA

View Full Version : Please Read before posting - we have a few rules here

Takeda Shingen
08-22-09, 01:49 PM
Greetings and welcome to the SH5 forums!

We are all excited for the release of the fifth installment in the Silent Hunter series. SubSim also loves new members. That being said, please keep the following in mind when posting on SubSim.com.

1. Forum search is your friend: You may have a question. It may be a legitimate question. It may be a brilliant question. Still, it may have been answered already. There will be a lot of people reading this board, and it is likely that your question has been answered by now [eg the English/German movie controversy]. All we ask is that you search before asking, as repeated questions will only clog an already clogged forum.

2. Let's all get along: You will disagree with someone on this forum. Just be nice, and make sure that you have read the rules of the board. You can find the link in your User CP.

3. The Devs are on your side: Criticism is a natural part of the game-making process. Just try not to go overboard in your criticism. Many of us know the members of the Dev team, so abuse will not be tolerated.

4. It's just a game: We're not ending world hunger. That's what General Topics is for. Keeping this in mind while posting will always keep you on the right side of things.

Here's to the best for Silent Hunter 5!

The SH5 moderator team

Webster
08-27-09, 08:00 PM
I would like to ask members to please do not use bad language in your posts, please use alternative words whenever you can because we have women and children who are also members here as well so please keep this in mind when commenting.

At SUBSIM we treat all members with respect, even those we do not like or may not agree with. We are all adults having adult discussions about things so let us not act like immature children please.

Thank you

Webster

The SH5 moderator team

Onkel Neal
01-12-10, 01:30 PM
Just to be on the safe side, here's a reminder that Subsim does not allow discussion of stealing games (or borrowing, sampling, however one wishes to rationalize it).

This also means don't discuss cracks, on legal games or not, because there's no way to determine who is using a crack on a legal game or a pirated game. And please, for the love of god, don't jump up and announce to the world you are angry about the DRM and you plan to pirated SH5. This equals ban here.

This is spelled out in the user agreement to everyone when they join the forum and the rules are clear. (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_rules3_faq_item)

No one cares what you do in your home, or how you measure yourself ethically, but no, you cannot discuss it here.

thanks,
Neal

John Channing
01-22-10, 08:02 PM
I've been a member of this forum since 1997, since the very beginning. I started as a poster, moved (briefly) through modding, became a contributor, staff writer and finally a moderator. I have lived through the Fast Attack, 688i, Sub Command, Fleet Command, Dangerous Waters, Sh2, Sh3 and SH4 wars. As heated as the discussions got ( and yes... I was right in the middle there from time to time) the one thing that always struck me was that most of the members here were able to discuss matters with a level of respect for each other and the people who enable our hobby/passion.

Lately that seems to be missing.

So I would like to remind everyone that one of the things that makes this forum popular is the level of maturity and civility that is not common on many other forums. Whether you like a game, like SH5, or not; maybe you're worried about this or that feature, maybe you are unhappy or overjoyed with the way the game is shaping up: discussions here should be reasonable and intelligent. Say what you want, but let's avoid overblown rants and tantrums.

Please keep in this mind when you are discussing issues here.

Thanks

JCC

Webster
01-26-10, 03:42 PM
in the hope to avoid anyone getting in trouble during this very emotional time i wanted to let you know where the line is drawn.

if anyone wants to discuss this idea to "boycott" or "not buy" UBI products then please keep in mind you cannot speak in a manner that promotes or calls on others to "boycott" or "not buy" UBI products or promotes then to call for such actions.

you can speak on your own behalf about the decissions you have made and you and why you made those choices but we dont allow personal insults towards other members or anyone else and that includes ubisoft & the devs.

i hope this helps avoid the need for closing another thread or giving infractions out, we are a very free and open forum but we dont allow "boycott" threads or posts or personal insults of any kind.

Onkel Neal
03-03-10, 06:57 PM
Just to be on the safe side, here's a reminder that Subsim does not allow discussion of stealing games (or borrowing, sampling, however one wishes to rationalize it).

This also means don't discuss cracks, on legal games or not, because there's no way to determine who is using a crack on a legal game or a pirated game. And please, for the love of god, don't jump up and announce to the world you are angry about the DRM and you plan to pirated SH5. This equals ban here.

This is spelled out in the user agreement to everyone when they join the forum and the rules are clear. (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq.php?faq=susbim_faq_item#faq_rules2_faq_item)

No one cares what you do in your home, or how you measure yourself ethically, but no, you cannot discuss it here.

thanks,
Neal

Guys, I know some of you are excited about the possibilty that SH5 has been cracked. Big news, yes, got it.

However, we don't discuss it in this forum. I'm making this post to let you know this is news you better share somewhere else.

Ubisoft: 0
Pirates: 1
Consumers: -1

Onkel Neal
03-04-10, 07:10 PM
For people who have to be hit over the head with a stick.

RULES OF THE FORUM (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq.php?faq=susbim_faq_item#faq_1_faq_item)