PDA

View Full Version : SH4 1.4 Bugs help

bigbear948
08-22-09, 05:41 AM
Hi I'm new to these forums, and have a few problems with silent hunter 4.

Specs:
Installed sh4 retail version 1.3, patched to 1.4, ( downloaded patch from ubisoft US site)
Performance index for my comp is 3.4

Problems:

1. When in career , All cities and ports in the world are in Blue supposedly idicating them as Friendly, even Tokyo ! . This can't be right surely , the date says its 1941 december 10th.

2.Time compression does not stop for enemy ship and convoy location radio reports, making them impossible to intercept.Time compression does stop for sonar and radar contacts though.

3. Crew cannot seem to spot enemy ships,so does not halt time compression when enemy ships are within visual range, The only indication i get is when shells start hitting the sub, with time compression still goind at around 8475x !

Questions:

Are these problems known with 1.4 ?

Are there any mods out there that fix these problems but don't change gameplay ?

Do you guys use community created patches ?

Please help !

tomoose
08-22-09, 08:42 AM
1. Never noticed this issue before but the colour of the port doesn't affect the game per se.

2. and 3. I wouldn't consider this a bug myself as I NEVER use full time compression once I'm in enemy waters. Once I'm in the patrol area I rarely use time compression beyond the first 3 or 4 settings.

You'll get better responses fm some of the other experts, patience.:salute:

ETR3(SS)
08-22-09, 08:57 AM
1. That's a known 1.4 issue, and it only affects game play in so far as knowing whats a hostile port. Example, Manila, Wake and a few of the other islands that the Japanese take over.

2. Time compression will not stop for ship and convoy reports received from the radio.

3. Raise your periscope. That will help with spotting ships. And don't go to anything over 512x time compression unless you are transiting to your patrol zone.

bigbear948
08-22-09, 12:23 PM
1.So are there any solutions to the port colour problem(it also affects 1.3) , like community made patches and mods ?

2.Time compression should stop for visual contact (It did this in SH3), thats stupid if it does not, any mods for that ? , because i 'm convinced its a bug. If it stops for sonar and radar contacts, then why not visual ?

So does having raised periscopes affect what the crew can see, even on the surface ?

I don't really want to have to my finger glued on the backspace key ,with my eyes awaiting radio reports all the time ,how could I intercept anthing?

Thanks for your replies,

P.S. Its says your not supposed to post replies in the rules, thats a mistake right ?

Rockin Robbins
08-22-09, 01:51 PM
It always stopped for visual contacts for me, even running 2048 TC. Heck, I've had it stop in time for me to dive to avoid an attacking plane from 1024 or 2048x.

Raised periscopes helped real subs on the surface but have no effect on ours.

I've never paid a lot of attention to the radio reports, since most of the them pertain to contacts so far away that you can't intercept them anyway. I concentrate on completing my missions (something not present or necessary in SH3) so that I'm allowed to keep my command at the end of the cruise. So I'm getting to my patrol area not looking for any distractions.

All observations are also true in 1.5.