PDA

View Full Version : Captain Room really slow...

rifleman13
08-21-09, 09:54 AM
I just recently bought SH4 w/ the uboats addon and installed it on my PC...

Then played the tutorials and everything seem fine.

When I try to play the US campaign, the captain room drops to 1 FPS... WTH?
I also tried the German campaign's captain room, also 1 FPS

The game proper (playing the subs) usually tops over 20 FPS, which is pretty decent for me...

When I ALT-Tab out of the game and go back, the captain room goes hovers just above 20 FPS. But when I go into all of the screens, crew mgmt, medals, mission, all of them. Everything is fine, when I go back to the captain's room, it falls back to 1 FPS...

My specs....

P4 2.0 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 9400GT with latest drivers
1280 MB RAM
Win XP SP3

This site (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest) says that I'm just over the minimum specs to run the game and I agree with it...

Please help me...

Thanks... :up:

ETR3(SS)
08-21-09, 10:45 AM
I's say you're bottle necking at your processor and your RAM. Im' running a P4 3.2 a 6800GT and 2G RAM. I still have my problems though. I've learned that the "Recommended" should really be the "minimum" with games anymore. You really can't enjoy the game at minimum requirements. And how did you get so lucky as to have a captains cabin in the American boats?

AVGWarhawk
08-21-09, 03:36 PM
Processor is slow.

Spike88
08-21-09, 04:50 PM
I's say you're bottle necking at your processor and your RAM. Im' running a P4 3.2 a 6800GT and 2G RAM. I still have my problems though. I've learned that the "Recommended" should really be the "minimum" with games anymore. You really can't enjoy the game at minimum requirements. And how did you get so lucky as to have a captains cabin in the American boats?

He means the Captain room back at base.

My captains room lags also, but not as bad as yours sounds.

I have a
1.8Ghz processor
5.5 gigs of ram
Nvidia Intergrated 6100
And Vista.

I'd suggest getting more ram, a new processor and giving yourself more virtual ram.

Ram is cheap, and so is a new processor. I got a AMD X2 Dual core 3.0ghz for 70 dollars. Its just, I need a new mobo/graphics card/ case/ and power supply to use it. :rotfl:

rifleman13
08-22-09, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the responses... :yeah:

I have a gut feeling it's not the hardware, but I'll upgrade the RAM anyways...

The strangest part is the game is playable, sub interiors, world and all, but the captain room lags to 1 FPS?

How strange is that?

Anyways... Anyone you guys make a less graphics intensive captain room? :arrgh!:

ERPP8
02-14-10, 02:00 PM
Try this thread.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132275
Read post 15 and do what it says.

The_Submariner
02-14-10, 10:53 PM
I have a Quad Core 2.4ghz Q6600 CPU with 2GB of ram and an Nvidia 8600GTS and that same room lags like hell for me too. Otherwise, the game runs just fine. :hmmm: