PDA

View Full Version : Need help with names of area.

DikiDino
08-21-09, 12:04 AM
I've currently running TMO mod with RSRDC.

So far loving it. However i facing some issue on finding those phats meats. :D

Sometimes i will receive message saying example.

IJN task force on resupply route and heading from xxxxxxxx and expected to drop troops to xxxxxxxxx.

Right now i've having some extreme difficulties on identifying those area on the Nav map.

Example yesterday i was told or some task force which will slip through the slot to Guanalcanal or something. Can't remember the exact name. It took me a hell lot of time to pan and scan around the whole Nav map zooming in and out and just when i'm about to give up, i accidentally spotted the island.

Is there any reference to all these location?

Like i have another message that say IJN is resupply from xxxx to Kisa or something. Where the hack is Kisa as i scan and pan all over the pacific map and find none.

Torplexed
08-21-09, 06:50 AM
Like i have another message that say IJN is resupply from xxxx to Kisa or something. Where the hack is Kisa as i scan and pan all over the pacific map and find none.

Kisa...probably Kiska island. One of the Aleutian Islands occupied by Japan during the war. The people who developed the mod probably assumed most players would be WW2 aficionados therefore having a passing knowledge of the geography of the Pacific. All I can suggest is maybe have a map or globe to refer too as you play which it sounds like you're already doing. BTW Guadalcanal was the site of the Pacific Wars most pivotal battles so expect to see it a lot.

http://oshawaremembers.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/ai-map1.gif

Munchausen
08-21-09, 12:13 PM
:hmmm: I thought TMO came with the modded navigation map ... the one with additional island/country labels.

If not, I'd save the game at a good location ... then go to Google Maps and type in the name of your assigned area. Even if it's misspelled in RSRD, you should get either a hit or a query as to alternate spellings.

Armistead
08-21-09, 01:52 PM
The good thing is you have found that the labels are there. The map labels are the reference, you just have to find them. Overall, it doesn't take long to learn these places. You can use the pause key to stop why you look. Sometimes it will also give longitude and latitude, so that makes it easy.

However, unless you're in a nearby position, chasing most of these contacts is pointless. RSRD doe's a good job of historical movements you
can study on the net where they took place and be there ahead of time.

I prefer to chase historical battles than do patrols zones over and over. I will do one, after that I'm gonna be where large convoys and TF's are.

Take the battle of Leyte. You place yourself in the San Bern Strait on Oct.25, Kurita's Center Force with about 25 ships will come right over you with several BB's. Know where to be and you can constantly run into convoys of 50 ships.

During the Solomon's Campaign, hang around in the slot and you have many TF come through.

You can also watch large surface engagments. The sound of a bunch of surface vessels shooting it out is awesome. It's fun to sneak in and attack while these are going on.

Search Battles of the Pacific and get maps and dates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leyte_Gulf