PDA

View Full Version : Old gfx engine bugs fixed?

Ragtag
08-18-09, 01:13 AM
I really hope the old gfx engine bugs are fixed once and for all. Like light shining through objects and the ghost crew when using volumetric fog/smoke.

dcb
08-18-09, 01:22 AM
And another must: they should also fix the absolutely impossible "flying subs" of SH4 and bring a better hydrodynamic behavior in rough sea.

Melonfish
08-18-09, 04:19 AM
as long as all of the ship sinks this time, unlike in 4 where she'll break in half and one bit sink and the other just sit there?!

ccruner13
08-18-09, 08:16 AM
yea hopefully. i keep seeing people saying things about the 'new engine' but it looks the same. hopefully they put a lot of work into fixing these deficiencies.

also the sinking mechanics in general. it took a lot of work by modders to make sinking realistic itd be nice if they fixed that instead of the hitpoint thing. and the ship models and zones or whatever that kept destroyers from taking damage/sinking

adaptive ai is intriguing...

Dowly
08-18-09, 08:37 AM
i keep seeing people saying things about the 'new engine' but it looks the same.

Yeh, it's propably an updated version of the SHIV engine. Looks very similar and would explain the rather short-ish developement time. :hmmm:

The General
08-19-09, 03:39 AM
The SHIV engine is based on the SHIII engine, so it's even older than you Dowly my friend. :O: