PDA

View Full Version : Damage Control Animations?

GoldenRivet
08-17-09, 10:34 PM
The end of the trailer - where the captain is holding his knights cross - is reminiscent of the quiet down time scene in das boot where they are stuck on the sea floor waiting to see if their damage control is going to work.

I wonder how detailed the crew's duties will be in the respect of damage control?

wonder if we will see water pooling up around the floor while men hand one another wrenches etc?

:up:

LobsterBoy
08-17-09, 11:40 PM
That would be a neat effect. Water sloshing at your feet as you move about the boat.

Instead of the holes you see in the side of your sub in SH4 it would be nice to see dents.

Do we get to see the cloud of chlorine gas if seawater gets to damaged batteries?

Will we see our crew die before us to drive home the point that it was no game?

I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of wolfpacks. Wolfpacks need to be present in order to feel like the series is making a step forward.

Contact
08-18-09, 01:51 AM
I would love to have SH5 with 3D glasses :yeah:

Melonfish
08-18-09, 04:45 AM
damage control would be ace, seeing some guys fight with water from a pipe or sommat.
my biggest question however is this. when you call an alarm, do they all run towards the bow compartment?!
if they do i don't care how else the game plays (i may regret that) i'll love UBI for ever.
:rock:

Lt commander lare
08-18-09, 10:53 AM
i definitley think we should be able to see water coming into the boat and rising in the compartments that are taking on water and watching the levels rise

lt commander lare

Brag
08-18-09, 11:09 AM
The end of the trailer - where the captain is holding his knights cross - is reminiscent of the quiet down time scene in das boot where they are stuck on the sea floor waiting to see if their damage control is going to work.

I wonder how detailed the crew's duties will be in the respect of damage control?

wonder if we will see water pooling up around the floor while men hand one another wrenches etc?

:up:

Even the few bits of crew action shown in the trailer will require a lot of power to run. Remember how excited we were when we heard there would be crew interaction in SH3?

I think it is safe to expect that the action inside the boat will have to be somewhat limited. Exciting times await us but it will be a looong wait. :yep:

Stormfly
08-18-09, 12:06 PM
i definitley think we should be able to see water coming into the boat and rising in the compartments that are taking on water and watching the levels rise

lt commander lare

yeees i would like that, transparent but allready a bit muddy seawater is rising, together with little floatsam of equipment... by flooding the conning tower, your crew have to wait until the central level rerached the hatch to the conning tower, ready to try an escape to the surface using a Tauchretter (a kind of Momsenlung).

...renember as the commanding officer, you have to wait until your crew got out :yeah:

Herr Minger
02-17-10, 06:15 PM
I am just as eager as the rest to get my hands on my pre ordered copy but if everything that people want included was to actually happen wouldn't it then only be playable on the very top spec computers, thereby ruling a lot of us out. My specs are as follows and I think, if it gets too good, I'm going to struggle. Dell XPS 630i E8500 4gb 8oomhz ram ATI Radeon 5080 Vista Home Premium 32

Sailor Steve
02-17-10, 06:58 PM
Necro alert! Only six months dead!
:rotfl2:

THE_MASK
02-17-10, 07:40 PM
Even the few bits of crew action shown in the trailer will require a lot of power to run. Remember how excited we were when we heard there would be crew interaction in SH3?

I think it is safe to expect that the action inside the boat will have to be somewhat limited. Exciting times await us but it will be a looong wait. :yep:
Whats wrong with having an option in the graphics options .
Crew = sparse crew/medium crew/full crew etc .

Brag
02-17-10, 08:36 PM
Whats wrong with having an option in the graphics options .
Crew = sparse crew/medium crew/full crew etc .

Good thinking :salute: