PDA

View Full Version : new shortcuts? (TMO)

DigitalAura
08-16-09, 08:47 AM
just got TMO 1.7 runnin'... and it alters ALL the shortcut keys? Why?
All the "F1-F12" keys bring up different stations now. That's frustrating cuz I don't think it was really needed.
I've chosen 'Hard' as in my Pacific Campaign and now F11 does not take me to external camera... in fact, camera is GONE! Did they disable it in Maru or is HARD now REALLY HARD ?

:wah:

JREX53
08-16-09, 09:35 AM
Ducimus redid the keyboard layout so that it is closer to the layout for SH3. He included a picture in his "Documentation" folder in the "Support" folder of the mod, along with the FAQ and a PDF file detailing the changes he has made.

DigitalAura
08-16-09, 11:41 AM
ahh...thanks for that info! That'll be handy.

How bout the cams? Are they disabled now?

Armistead
08-16-09, 02:52 PM
The previous and next cams no longer work, but in the readme on the support file it tells how to cut them back on. I think the misc tab works the external tab. The readme explains how to cut other things back on should you desire.

"11.) How do i get the next/ previous camera back?
The easiest way is to open the /data/cfg/commands.cfg in TMO. Search for " [Cmd50] " Your looking for these two blocks:

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714
[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714
Simply remove the semicolon placed in front of the key assignment, and you have the next/previous cameras back. Note: this will restore hotkeys. It will not restore the buttons on the ordersbar."

I assume the layout is the same unless you've modded different, but . & , will work the next/prev options.

The goal of mods like TMO are to improve realism, to make the game harder, so buttons are given different functions. It's a matter of what your use to. Once you play the layout, you realize it's improved.

DigitalAura
08-16-09, 06:30 PM
Thx Armistead. What about the follow behind camera for your sub. I like hitting it, as it takes you to the surface ... a bit of a cheat but I used it mostly to see the eye candy on the surface.... I feel like I'm missing a lot by not having it.

Rockin Robbins
08-16-09, 06:52 PM
Actually the TMO keyboard layout is kind of unique in that it gives you access to the attack screen with F6. RFB, for instance, eliminated easy access because they are convinced the attack screen is of little or no use. You can load up TMOkeys (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=173&act=down) to use with stock or any other mod, RFB, GFO or FOTRS and enjoy a much better keyboard layout than any other.

DigitalAura
08-16-09, 07:59 PM
I'm beginning to get used to it...

But honestly... I really need some kind of external camera... I notice I do get 'cut scene' cams when under attack, but I miss the thrill of watching the DD's pass over me as I watch them toss in depth charges overhead.

Armistead
08-16-09, 09:17 PM
Did you try the Misc button..click twice I think, not playing right now. However, before you start patrol, in the office go to the radio, game options and make sure you enable external cams as you would with stock. You must do it in the office for a campaign...playing single missions you can do it at the load in.

Adding the next previous cams back are easy, just follow direction I gave you....cams back.

I think what your calling the cut scenes cam is the event cam..you can enable of disable is in game options.

Rockin Robbins
08-17-09, 05:29 AM
You definitely need to read the "readme that nobody friggin' reads." It contains all that you seek.

DigitalAura
08-17-09, 07:57 AM
before you start patrol, in the office go to the radio, game options and make sure you enable external cams as you would with stock.

That's likely my problem then. I'll definitely have to restart my campaign again then. Thanks!:shucks: