PDA

View Full Version : ...of War

TheBrauerHour
08-07-09, 08:57 PM
Theater of War

Men of War

Order of War

Are these the same game? If not, what is the difference? Any recommendations?

Task Force
08-07-09, 10:03 PM
Different games... I myself like theatre of war/ TOW2...:yep:

d@rk51d3
08-07-09, 10:50 PM
How about "Tug of War"?

Sounds like an Adult title.:D

TheBrauerHour
08-07-09, 10:58 PM
Different games... I myself like theatre of war/ TOW2...:yep:

Actually I own the first Theater of War, should have put TOW2 in the original post.

I have seen a few screenshots and they all look VERY similar. Anyone play these games and can recommend?

Task Force
08-08-09, 12:46 AM
I play tow 2... Tow 2 dosent have the longest campaign... because it surrounds the afrika campaign...

you can play as the british, americans, and the germans.

The graphics are better...

Dowly
08-08-09, 01:32 AM
Men of War - Similar to ToW in terms of it having the inventory system etc. but you can control invidual men/tanks/etc. if you want to.

Order of War - New game from Square Enix, dont know much about it as I only heard about it yesterday.

ToW2 - Well, ToW, but in Afrika and much much muuuch easier difficulty.

stabiz
08-08-09, 05:53 AM
Men of War - a more realistic approach to games like Company of Heroes, but still small maps and short engage distances (like in CoH), sweet graphics and totally destructable world, limited ammo & fuel. No health bars on tanks, but individually destructable parts. You can fix and steal enemy equipment.

Theatre of War - a more realistic approach to games like Men of War (:DL), with longer engage distances on larger maps, less detailed effects and graphics, more about ballistics, limited ammo. No health bars on tanks, but individually destructable parts. You can steal enemy equipment.

Both are really good games, Men of War is one of the best multiplayer experiences I have had.