PDA

View Full Version : Jutland big problem

Trondheim77
08-07-09, 08:24 AM
great game but eeeh there are some major problems with this game!
this week i chosed to get the standard edition, great it works with activation jahooh!
one day later it came a small update about 2000 kb after that quess what! :gulp:the version goes back to demo great :yeah: and even more great i cant activate it again becouse i am not legible to transfer mine key to the new computer.
the same computer where the game is installed!
ok here comes the deal and stupid by me but ok! i upgraded it to pro and quess what? still the same problem.

Game : Jutland
paid so far: about 60 Us dollar.
Trouble ticket respond : 2 weeks
Service scale 1 to 10 : 2

I am feeling big scammed but ok

cheers:woot:

Bullethead
08-07-09, 09:10 PM
What version did you get and what version did you update to?

Unannounced changes by Microsoft screwed up our patch 1067, which we quickly replaced with 1068 within an hour. However, a few people got the 1067 patch.

Try this and let me know if it doesn't work:

Look in your main Jutland folder and see if you have BOTH DG_WWIp.exe and DG_WWIp.ex_. If you have both these files, and only if, delete the .exe file and then rename the .ex_ file to .exe. The .ex_ file is 1066, which doesn't have the problem. Then run the game and let it update to 1068.

In the meantime, I've jerked the chain of our support folks, telling them that you haven't heard back from them in a timely manner, so if the above fix doesn't work, you should at least hear from them soon.

Trondheim77
08-08-09, 05:03 AM
ok then its microsoft.
i have the 1068 version but i notic that i cant run it with administrator
but il tray it again.
and another thing i am playing demo version but some i can play with no limit.
but thanks for the help Bullethead

Bullethead
08-08-09, 07:16 AM
i have the 1068 version but i notic that i cant run it with administrator

That's strange. What, specifically, is happening when you try to run it? Are you getting any error messages and, if so, what are they? If not, is anything happening at all?

i am playing demo version but some i can play with no limit

The Duel and Red Sky have no time limit. Jutland at 1548 runs for 20 minutes. All the others run for 10 minutes.

Trondheim77
08-08-09, 10:15 AM
i gett error with this DG_WWIp.exe and i have only one file off them i notic.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1268/nyttbilde.png
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1268/nyttbilde.png
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4791/nyttbilde1.png
take a look.
i gett a rumtime error DG_WWIP.exe, error 5 when traying to open with administrator rights.
i cant belive this man hey..paid for standard and pro and only have demo version after the
last update.
is there any way to gett refund on this? paid 60 US dollar for this and i am freaky scared to get
the US north pack with only demo version.

Bullethead
08-08-09, 11:02 AM
ii cant belive this man hey..paid for standard and pro and only have demo version after the last update.

Well, that's definitley not good and we'll get you sorted out. I can't tell you what those errors mean, so please send us a bug report via our server so the tech people can have a look.

In case you don't know, the bug report server can be found via a shortcut in the Start/All Programs/Storm Eagle Studios/Jutland folder.

Trondheim77
08-08-09, 11:10 AM
It already done with the bug report!
but another thing i am going to make a screen movie about this becouse the tech support does not help me
with the ticket system and i am pretty tired off this wright now! waiting for a week now from ticket respond.
so i give upp with this and good luck further time with this game keep the money.
good bye

Bullethead
08-09-09, 01:20 PM
Well, sorry for the delay.

I'm not a tech support guy, so I don't know what you've heard from them or how long this has been going on. The 1st I heard of it was when you posted here just a couple days ago. I've reported what you've said to them myself.

Anyway, sorry. However, I'm sure we'll get you going eventually. Some problems are a lot harder to solve than others, especially when they only happen to 1 or a few people, as yours seems to be. That's usually due to something specific to your system and thus practically impossible for us to duplicate. But just because it might take us some time to figure it out doesn't mean we're not working on it.

Again, my apologies.

Trondheim77
08-10-09, 06:55 AM
hehe yes funny hey!!
i have maded a new movie with some heavy stuff on it,
Europe its a final countdown! ooh yeeeh watch this....
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/jutlandmovie.mp4/

Bullethead
08-10-09, 09:27 AM
OK Trondheim77, I've heard back from the tech support folks. Expect an email from them within an hour. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Trondheim77
08-10-09, 10:24 AM
hello no it didnt work! with the new key but i know what the problem is and that is the server does not remember mine details like e-mail adress and key and password so there is no need need to tray to activate it!
becouse the key and password does not store it on the server.
so i can activate it 100 times but it would not change that much.
the only way to fix this issue is to download a older Jutland demo file and gett a new demo activation code from a other email adress.
and then it will work perfect.

cheers :woot:

Bullethead
08-10-09, 11:16 AM
OK, well, please let me know if the reinstallation works.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Bullethead
08-11-09, 06:53 PM
Are you working yet or not? If not, let me know.

Trondheim77
08-12-09, 04:00 AM
yes it works now al things are fine now!
it was the shift+ctrl and F12 button that sorted things out :woot::yeah:

Bullethead
08-12-09, 08:05 AM
yes it works now al things are fine now!

Very good! Hope you enjoy the game.

Could you do me a favor now? Would you mind taking your movies down? They might scare off potential customers in the future if you leave them up :)

Trondheim77
08-13-09, 04:57 AM
yes i know.

they are removed.