PDA

View Full Version : Destination Tokyo

FIREWALL
07-20-09, 10:53 AM
I had just checked out at my local Albertsons grocery store when I spied this dvd flick on a sale stand for $9.99.

While a bit Hollywood at times... All in all a good movie.

Better than Run Silent, Run Deep imho.

Kloef
07-20-09, 12:42 PM
I could never choose between the two..run silent run deep is a bit more 'raw',Destination Tokyo has a more complete story...but those bathtub scenes with underwaterplants bigger then a sub....well yes Hollywood indeed!

I like operation Pacific too,basically you can wake me up for any movie about subs!:cool:

But not a bad deal at all for ten Bucks.

Armistead
07-20-09, 08:46 PM
The good thing about old movies is you can see a lot of old real ships and subs.....they really pushed the drama back then.

FIREWALL
07-20-09, 10:50 PM
I also enjoyed The Enemy Below.

Kapt Z
07-21-09, 07:51 AM
I could never choose between the two..run silent run deep is a bit more 'raw',Destination Tokyo has a more complete story...but those bathtub scenes with underwaterplants bigger then a sub....well yes Hollywood indeed!

I like operation Pacific too,basically you can wake me up for any movie about subs!:cool:

But not a bad deal at all for ten Bucks.

Agreed on all counts. I loved the fact that the shore party in Tokyo Bay were carrying Winchester lever action rifles!:haha:

Kloef
07-21-09, 10:09 AM
I also enjoyed The Enemy Below.

Lol i saw it yesterday!

Its not a bad movie and i love Robert Michum:arrgh!:

They ram the sub and it just stays there,the sub keeps the whole ship afloat:rotfl: