PDA

View Full Version : Confused, but nothing new

paulco
07-12-09, 02:19 AM
Hi everybody, me yet again, but different question this time.
Have just installed Silent Hunter Original by SSI and awaiting Arrival of Silent Hunter Commanders Edition. Have been reading your forums re Silent Hunter 2 and Pacific Aces, and here is my Question.
Has SHCE become an English Version of SH2 because a long long time ago I Purchased SH2 and took it back the same day, because the Whole thing was in German including the Gauges and Switches that opperate the Submarine. And if I remember correctly was opperating in the Atlantic Ocean not the Pacific.
If I purchase pacific Aces Super DVD do I have to purchase anything else to go with it.
Many thanks
Paul

Pisces
07-12-09, 07:29 AM
SHCE is the last version of Silent Hunter 1 that was released. It has nothing to do with Silent Hunter 2. The 1st is in the Pacific, and the 2nd is indeed atlantic.

I don't know what Aces Super DVD is so I can't comment on that.

[edit] I just had a look in Neal's subsimstore, and noticed you may have confused it with "Strategic Simulations Commander's Collection". That does have SH2 in it.

http://www.subsim.com/store.html

paulco
07-17-09, 05:54 AM
SHCE is the last version of Silent Hunter 1 that was released. It has nothing to do with Silent Hunter 2. The 1st is in the Pacific, and the 2nd is indeed atlantic.

I don't know what Aces Super DVD is so I can't comment on that.

[edit] I just had a look in Neal's subsimstore, and noticed you may have confused it with "Strategic Simulations Commander's Collection". That does have SH2 in it.

http://www.subsim.com/store.html

Hi everybody, still waitng reply on this one please.

Is there an english version of Silent Hunter II ? .

many thanks

Paul

Raptor1
07-17-09, 06:06 AM
Hi everybody, still waitng reply on this one please.

Is there an english version of Silent Hunter II ? .

many thanks

Paul

Of course there is, but it's still a U-Boat sim

Sailor Steve
07-17-09, 12:00 PM
I'm surprised you ended up with the German edition of SHII. Of course I don't know about UK copies, but here in the US it came with a switchable language option.