PDA

View Full Version : Starting up SH4 for the first time...

WilyPete
06-26-09, 03:30 PM
Ok so I installed the game after it collected dust for a couple of months on the shelf. :woot:The only thing I found is patch 1.4. I heard there's a patch 1.5 somewhere...? Any idea where?

Also, I would like to get the game up to what SH3 is with GWX 3.0 Gold with Commander. I'm not interested in playing stock SH4 (unless I'll miss out on anything). Is there an equivalent supermod for SH4? Preferably with realism and historical accuracy.

Do you think I should play stock first and then go onto any mod?

Any help appreciated.

cdrsubron7
06-26-09, 06:02 PM
v1.5 of SHIV includes the UBM (U-Boat Missions). You can get both the stock SHIV and the U-Boat Missions on one disk called the SHIV Gold Edition.

The mods equivalant to GWX in SHIII would be Trigger Maru Overhauled (TMO), Real Fleet Boat (RFB), and Fall Of The Rising Sun (FOTRS). All three of these mods offer extended levels of play and raise the bar on realism.

Whether you should stay with the stock game or move up to the mods depends on your level of experience with the game. Each mod handles the game a little differently so you might have to try each one before you find your niche where you like to play the best. There are plenty of people here who can lend a helping hand if you have any questions.

captgeo
06-26-09, 08:11 PM
and if you do get the 1.5 version( U-Boat expansion pack) I will highly recomend Op Monsoon for the U-Baot side. Its a fantastic addition to that end of the game.:salute: