PDA

View Full Version : Watch crew won't notify you of ships spotted?

mookiemookie
06-23-09, 04:55 PM
I'm running SH4 1.5 patch, TMO 1.7 and RSRD, with the appropriate mod patches.

I'm down by the Marshall Islands, and my radar man picks up a signal. I plot an intercept course. While I'm sitting on the map screen, I'm noticing that this ship is getting awfully close without my watch crew having spotted it. I go up to the bridge view to see if I can spot it myself, and I see a patrol craft about 1000 yards away from me firing away. My watch crew did not think this was important enough to tell me. No "ship spotted", no "we're under attack!"

Granted the seas were choppy and it was nighttime, but is this expected behavior? Does your watch crew really not tell you when ships are spotted?

DarkFish
06-23-09, 05:05 PM
your watch crew will notify you of any enemy ships spotted, so apparently they did not spot the enemy. This can happen sometimes. AFAIK there are no fixes for this.

mookiemookie
06-23-09, 05:11 PM
Thanks. I have just reinstalled SH4 so I was just wondering if there was something in the mods that I had missed or was doing wrong.

mookiemookie
06-23-09, 09:04 PM
I figured it out: I had no watch crew on deck due to the "game still thinks I'm submerged" bug. :nope: