PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 steering wheel question ???

FIREWALL
06-19-09, 12:50 PM
To all PS3 owners a question.

Will a USB PS3 steering wheel and pedals work on a PC ?

The reason I ask is a new business called Liquadators 4 Less inc here locally has 4 pallets of PS3 wheels for sale at $34.00 per wheel.

If they will work on PC also I want to buy one for a friend for B-Day.

FIREWALL
06-20-09, 12:36 AM

The reason I ask is a new business called Liquadators 4 Less inc here locally has 4 pallets of PS3 wheels for sale at $34.00 per wheel.

Almost 12 hrs and no one knows. DANLISA WHERE ARE YOU ?:DL

FIREWALL
06-20-09, 01:06 AM

Almost 12 hrs and no one knows. DANLISA WHERE ARE YOU ?:DL

Come on people. I have to know by tomorrow. :DL

FIREWALL
06-20-09, 01:29 PM
I guess I will have to check this out somewhere else. :DL

Arclight
06-20-09, 01:41 PM
Some PC gear works for PS3, don't know the other way around. Don't have a PS3 to test with... nor a steerring wheel for that matter. :)

Guess it depends on the model, should be indicated on the box what it supports, or do a web-search for brand+model. Only thing I can think off.

FIREWALL
06-20-09, 01:48 PM
Some PC gear works for PS3, don't know the other way around. Don't have a PS3 to test with... nor a steerring wheel for that matter. :)

Guess it depends on the model, should be indicated on the box what it supports, or do a web-search for brand+model. Only thing I can think off.

Thx Arclight :salute: Box gives no info that I could see at store. I will have to go back and get model # off of it.

I should have wrote it down in the first place :doh: :damn: :haha:

Arclight
06-20-09, 01:54 PM
Maybe you can convince them to tear open a box and have a look at the docs or something. Should be noted somewhere what platform(s) it supports. :hmmm:

Heck, they should be able to tell you about their products in the first place. :yep:

FIREWALL
06-20-09, 04:20 PM
Maybe you can convince them to tear open a box and have a look at the docs or something. Should be noted somewhere what platform(s) it supports. :hmmm:

Heck, they should be able to tell you about their products in the first place. :yep:

Problem Solved. :woot: Saitek R440 FF Wheel & Pedals New in box $30.00

They have 3 of them on a bottom shelf.

If I didn't have a G25 I'd by one for me. :yep: :DL

Arclight
06-20-09, 06:46 PM
Problem Solved. :woot:My 2 favorite words. :salute:

From what I can tell it's actually PC gear, but might work just as well on PS3. A lot of the FF stuff does. :yep:

FIREWALL
06-21-09, 02:48 AM
My 2 favorite words. :salute:

From what I can tell it's actually PC gear, but might work just as well on PS3. A lot of the FF stuff does. :yep:

This wheel is purely PC. The earlier posted PS3 wheel was by box PS3.

Got a better wheel for a better price by accident. :woot::woot::woot:

edit 6-21-09 Friend was blown away on his B-Day when he opened present. :DL

FIREWALL
06-21-09, 03:59 PM
[quote=FIREWALL;1121146]This wheel is purely PC. The earlier posted PS3 wheel was by box PS3.

Got a better wheel for a better price by accident. :woot::woot::woot:

edit 6-21-09 Friend was blown away on his B-Day when he opened present. :DL :woot:

Arclight
06-21-09, 08:34 PM
:yeah:

Better than handing over a gift-certificate for a bookstore, I'm sure. :sunny:

FIREWALL
06-22-09, 09:42 AM
I still would like to know if a PS3 usb wheel & pedals will work on a PC ?

danlisa
06-22-09, 10:05 AM
I still would like to know if a PS3 usb wheel & pedals will work on a PC ?

Hello.:salute:

Effectively, there is no difference between a PS3 USB Wheel/Pedals and the same designed/marketed for a PC.;) The same is true for Joysticks, keyboards, mice and other PNP peripherals.

For a set to be PS3 compatible, it means that it has no additional or 3rd party drivers, so it is true Plug N Play.

If they work on the PS3 then they will work on a PC, providing the software supports it.

Do you have a make or model number you can link us to? We might be able to confirm it 100%. I would be wary of unbranded PS3 peripherals. If they are worth it, the company will be traceable and have support documentation.

FIREWALL
06-22-09, 10:32 AM
Hi Dan :) I sure wish I could have talked to you Saturday.

I consider you the Master of PS3 and all info. :yep:

This Liqidation 4 Less warehouse I have acess to has 4 pallets of PS3 80GB @ $189.00 and a couple of pallets of PS3 usb steering wheels @ $34.00

Will pm all info I have.

FIREWALL
06-22-09, 10:50 AM

This Liqidation 4 Less warehouse I have acess to has 4 pallets of PS3 80GB @ $189.00 and a couple of pallets of PS3 usb steering wheels @ $34.00

Will pm all info I have.

Edit: This is the wheel > http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=3023&idCategory=132

danlisa
06-22-09, 10:56 AM

Will pm all info I have.

:o

Mate, if you have the money, get a couple of those PS3's. Amazon currently retail the 80GB for $399.99. There's profit to be had. Also, wouldn't hurt to have a reserve should the worst happen to yours. The 80GB is a rock solid model.

As for the wheel, does it look like this:
http://store.gameshark.com/catalog/enlarge/8820.gif

If it is that one, then it's specifically designed for the PS3. No PC compatibility can be assumed as all the inputs are for the PS3, i.e the Home, X, O, Square & Triangle. That said, it is still just a USB wheel, so the mechanics should work for a PC. This used to retail $99 but has recently been reduced to $49.99. Wonder why? Perhaps it's to do with the lac luster 270 deg rotation, although gas resistance pedals should make it quite responsive.

Answering your PM now.

FIREWALL
06-22-09, 11:21 AM
I would like to have it as an extra wheel for my laptop or for friends to use.

I don't let anyone touch my G25 or my flight controlers for that matter.

They have a " no cash refund policy " . So you can see why I don't want to waste 34 bucks.

As for the other. I wish you lived here. We'de be partners and be PS3 Barons. :haha: