PDA

View Full Version : Barbra Boxer... get over yourself

SteamWake
06-19-09, 10:46 AM
"It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you,"

Yes and the Brigadier General is a slacker. :rotfl:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/18/sen-boxer-chides-brigadier-general-calling-maam/

Isnt it SOP for enlisted men to address citizens as Sir or Mam?

What an arrogant bitch :x

FIREWALL
06-19-09, 11:30 AM
He followed military protocal. And yes... She's also known as Babs the Bitch. :haha:

Aramike
06-19-09, 11:57 AM
What a stuck up bitch.

AVGWarhawk
06-19-09, 12:40 PM
I read that yesterday and yes, she is a bit over the top with this.

Yes and the Brigadier General is a slacker

Yeah, what a hoot. She is really full of herself. Was she there for a particular reason or just to bolster her position? I wonder....

Aramike
06-19-09, 01:16 PM
I read that yesterday and yes, she is a bit over the top with this.

Yeah, what a hoot. She is really full of herself. Was she there for a particular reason or just to bolster her position? I wonder....That says a lot about the people who'd actually buy in to her garbage.

nikimcbee
06-19-09, 01:28 PM
He followed military protocal. And yes... She's also known as Babs the Bitch. :haha:

Well, it is a fact. Female boxers are bitches!
http://bp2.blogger.com/_-6W_O5ujGVU/R78gRbn0TSI/AAAAAAAAALA/7vy6sXgJiHs/s400/boxer2.jpg

And yes, I worked hard for the title.:har:

Stealhead
06-19-09, 02:59 PM
There is nothing in the rules and regulations about having to address a civilian as anything beyond the basic behave yourself while around the general public while in uniform. so pretty much you either say sir or ma,am or Mr/Mrs or what ever you normaly say to a person that you dont personaly know.Tough seeing as this was an offical hearing it would be proper educate to say Ma'am to a public offical but that would apply to any person really civilian or military. And an officer is in no way shape or form an enlisted man.Enlisted is any person in the military who has joined as a non-officer thye simply must wish to enlist and meet the requiremnts. An officer has recived at least a B.A. in addtion to specific military education to allow them to have the skills to lead others also they are appointed by the president of the United States and approved by congress upon thier being commissioned as an officer. The officer to fully remove themselves from any military obligation must resign thier commission. unlike an enlisted man an officer can choose to resign thier commision at any time however if their education was in anyway paid for by the military they will likely end up serving some time as an enlisted man to pay back what they owe if they had not served a long enough time for thier branch to feel that they got a return on the money they spent to trin the person.

The woman is just being a snob.She thinks it is sexist to call her Ma'am I suppose. Though it would be sexist to call her slut or whore calling a female a lady,woman,Ma'am,Mrs. is in no way sexist she should get over herself.In her way of using titles what would you call a woman if you did not what her job was? Pardon me female human whose role in society I am not aware?

sunvalleyslim
06-19-09, 03:13 PM
Seems shes a little full of her self..........:har::har::har:

CastleBravo
06-19-09, 03:39 PM
Kind of looks like Ms. Boxer was using this as a way to establish her authority..its the same reason that committee members are seated higher than those testifying.

AVGWarhawk
06-19-09, 03:50 PM
Kind of looks like Ms. Boxer was using this as a way to establish her authority..its the same reason that committee members are seated higher than those testifying.

Protocal for the military is to use either Ma'am or Sir. This shows that she is higher in statue than the BG. However, reading some more on it, using either Senator or Ma'am is correct. So, she is not really in the wrong and she prefers to be called Senator. I guess that is better than a$$hat:06: IMO, she did not need to tell the BG to do that. I guess she was seeing the use of ma'am in some sort of derogatory way. Either way, I think she is full of herself. :03:

Stealhead
06-19-09, 03:53 PM
In that case it still would have been correct for the Brig. to call her Ma'am or senator niether are wrong just as a civilian could adress a general(admiral) as general or simply say sir/ma'am you already know the level of authroity in both situations.

Seems to me a bit royalist to address everyone as thier direct title all the time and we are not a royalty.
And like I said at least for us enlisted folks there really is nothing saying how you are to address a civilian it is expected that you use just what you should use as a civilain and generaly behave yourself.A civilain has 0 authority over a person in the military unless they are law enforcement or the SECDEF or the SEC of your branch or the commander in chief and in that case of the cop you would be expected to comply with what they said I.E. asking for ID. They dont expect you to say simply sir or ma'am if you are at a resturant you could say "thanks Jane"(if that was the persons name tag) We are not robots.yuo can do waht ever you want to so long as you do not violate the local laws or the UCMJ so that means in germany you can legaly(not in uniform) go to a legal brothel so long as you are not legaly married at the time(agisnt the UCMJ to commit adultary and well some things you might do in a brothel but its like your not on the base saying "hey guys look at me") For this general it is clear that he has be briefed on how he is to address this person seeing as it being an offical function. It is chessy really as every senator is a senator so it shows little power in the company of other senators.They show thier rank by how they are seated during these hearings.This senator is like those little ******* rat kids that they used to have when i was in school and wore the badges they are just on a power trip.

Platapus
06-19-09, 06:44 PM
Sounds like much ado about nothing.

She asked politely to be addressed as Senator. Some people get off on their titles. I am sure the General would have gotten snotty if he was not addressed by his title.

One should clue the General into the fact that a hearing before the Senate is about as a formal a meeting as you can get. Use of full titles is appropriate if not mandatory.

It is not like the military does not spend a lot of effort smooching his butt and stroking his ego. Now it was his turn.

In any case, hardly worth reporting in the news.

CastleBravo
06-19-09, 07:14 PM

She asked politely to be addressed as Senator. Some people get off on their titles. I am sure the General would have gotten snotty if he was not addressed by his title.

One should clue the General into the fact that a hearing before the Senate is about as a formal a meeting as you can get. Use of full titles is appropriate if not mandatory.

It is not like the military does not spend a lot of effort smooching his butt and stroking his ego. Now it was his turn.

I don't disagree with a thing said. But it seems the gal wanted her but kissed. Yes, I called her gal. As a citizen I don't have to kiss her ass. And I will call her what ever I wish. Get over that!

SteamWake
06-19-09, 07:15 PM

Politely.. please you give Ms Boxer way to much credit. Have you heard the audio? I have and it was curt and demeaning.

As to calling her mam it is military doctrin to address your 'superiors' as sir or mam. This much is clear.

She disrespected a man whom has probably worked 10 times harder than her and her limo jet liberal buddies.

Platapus
06-19-09, 07:33 PM
Me thinks your position is more influenced by Senator Boxers politics than protocol. :D

Platapus
06-19-09, 08:12 PM
Although, I should add that I also think Senator Boxer acted inappropriately.

Torplexed
06-19-09, 08:40 PM
A review of the video of the entire hearing reveals that the General addressed all the male senators as "sir" - none of them got uptight about their title on him like Boxer did.

I'd bet if it had been a female brigadier general in front of her she would have let it go. Boxer probably would have been gushing with praise for her to boot.

AVGWarhawk
06-19-09, 08:45 PM
She disrespected a man whom has probably worked 10 times harder than her and her limo jet liberal buddies.

And that my friends is the bottom line. Although I would suggest he worked 100 times harder than this high and mighty ma'am will ever have to work!

sunvalleyslim
06-20-09, 12:05 AM
Platapus;Sounds like much ado about nothing.

So let me ask you Platapus, not having seen the video. Did she address him by his title?

FIREWALL
06-20-09, 12:45 AM

Sounds like you got a hardon for one of them.

Which one ?:haha:

Aramike
06-20-09, 03:42 AM
Me thinks your position is more influenced by Senator Boxers politics than protocol. :DDitto back at you.

To wit:A review of the video of the entire hearing reveals that the General addressed all the male senators as "sir" - none of them got uptight about their title on him like Boxer did.

Is it REALLY that hard to call a duck a duck if that duck happens to represent your ideology?

Platapus
06-20-09, 07:31 AM
As I have already posted, I believe Senator Boxer acted inappropriately.

But not so inappropriately to deserve such press about it.

This is small spuds. :D

SteamWake
06-20-09, 08:42 AM
As I have already posted, I believe Senator Boxer acted inappropriately.

But not so inappropriately to deserve such press about it.

This is small spuds. :D

Ordinaraly I would agree however it is a symptom of a much bigger problem.

That is why the outrage.

August
06-20-09, 08:58 AM

Actually no, that is not the case, at least in our military. Lower ranking individuals do not say "yes General / no General" in normal conversation. They can say "General" if they add the name afterward such as when when initially attempting to get their attention, but once they have it it is always "yes Sir / no Sir".

Max2147
06-20-09, 09:08 AM
Yes and the Brigadier General is a slacker
Where did she call him a slacker? For that matter, I don't see anything from her quote to indicate that her comments were anything other than a friendly request. The article just sort of invents the hostility and assumes that Boxer was accusing General Walsh of disrespect, even though I don't see anything to indicate that.

It's common courtesy to call people what they want to be called. For example, when Dwight Eisenhower was President he wanted to be called "Mr. President," but when George Washington was President he hated being called "Mr. President" and insisted on "General Washington."

Frame57
06-20-09, 11:39 AM
Well, it is a fact. Female boxers are bitches!
http://bp2.blogger.com/_-6W_O5ujGVU/R78gRbn0TSI/AAAAAAAAALA/7vy6sXgJiHs/s400/boxer2.jpg

And yes, I worked hard for the title.:har::haha: Ain't that a bitch...

SteamWake
06-20-09, 11:47 AM
Where did she call him a slacker? For that matter, I don't see anything from her quote to indicate that her comments were anything other than a friendly request. The article just sort of invents the hostility and assumes that Boxer was accusing General Walsh of disrespect, even though I don't see anything to indicate that.

It's common courtesy to call people what they want to be called. For example, when Dwight Eisenhower was President he wanted to be called "Mr. President," but when George Washington was President he hated being called "Mr. President" and insisted on "General Washington."

She dident I was pointing out the absurdity of her indignation.

Max2147
06-20-09, 12:22 PM
She dident I was pointing out the absurdity of her indignation.
Then why did you say she did in your opening post?

For that matter, where did you get the indignation idea? If you just read her quotes it sounds like a polite request based on a personal preference. The rest of the article sounds like the musings of somebody who doesn't know the facts but just doesn't like Barbara Boxer.

Buddahaid
06-20-09, 12:36 PM
Yes and the Brigadier General is a slacker. :rotfl:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/18/sen-boxer-chides-brigadier-general-calling-maam/

Isnt it SOP for enlisted men to address citizens as Sir or Mam?

What an arrogant bitch :x

She's a politician so what do you expect? They're all arrogant bitches, the men included! :sunny:

Buddahaid

SteamWake
06-20-09, 12:53 PM
Then why did you say she did in your opening post?

For that matter, where did you get the indignation idea? If you just read her quotes it sounds like a polite request based on a personal preference. The rest of the article sounds like the musings of somebody who doesn't know the facts but just doesn't like Barbara Boxer.

If you read the first post you will see it was my comment and outside of the quote. New to forums?

Anyhow I do know the facts, Ive heard the tone of her voice and there is no question in my mind that she held the man in contempt. Boxer is well known as a contemptious bitch that cannot be questioned.

Your right I dont like Boxer, or Pelosi, or Reed or any of that limo liberal hypocrate crowd.

But you have your opinion and obviously Im wasting my time trying to point out the obvious to you so have a nice day :salute:

Max2147
06-20-09, 01:25 PM
If you read the first post you will see it was my comment and outside of the quote. New to forums?

Anyhow I do know the facts, Ive heard the tone of her voice and there is no question in my mind that she held the man in contempt. Boxer is well known as a contemptious bitch that cannot be questioned.

Your right I dont like Boxer, or Pelosi, or Reed or any of that limo liberal hypocrate crowd.

But you have your opinion and obviously Im wasting my time trying to point out the obvious to you so have a nice day :salute:
And a good day to you too! :) :salute:

Buddahaid
06-20-09, 01:41 PM
SteamWake,

I think it's the tone of your posts that push peoples buttons. Using labels like "limo liberal hypocrites" amounts to name calling and feeds the fires between left and right thinking peoples. Most peoples views lie in a wide gray band in the middle somewhere, and they eschew the extremes at both ends, that don't realize they're beginning to meet on the other side of the circle. I'm certainly not picking a fight with you, just trying to shed some light.

Buddahaid

How's Mr Mulligan?

SteamWake
06-20-09, 09:26 PM
How's Mr Mulligan?

Right where I left him sadley. Thanks for asking.

I have a few free days in the weekends comming up I may get some time to glue a few sticks.