PDA

View Full Version : Subsim Father's Day Giveaway - An Honorable German

Onkel Neal
06-16-09, 01:24 PM
The folks at Hachette Book Group have generously offered to give out 5 signed copies of Charles McCain's new novel An Honorable German. If you haven't picked up a copy yet, here's an easy chance to get one. It's a fine novel, well-written and interesting.

To win your copy, simply PM Neal Stevens with the following bits of info from the review of An Honorable German (http://www.subsim.com/books/book_hon_german.htm):

The name of Max's friend
Which U-boat Max commanded
The name of Max's sweetheart

That's it! Hurry, this is limited to the first 5 winners.

Good hunting!
Neal

Onkel Neal
06-17-09, 07:30 AM
Ok, the first five were in the bag very quickly, the winners are posted at the end of the review.

Winners of the An Honorable German Subsim Father's Day Giveaway (http://www.subsim.com/books/book_hon_german.htm)

I included a screenshot of my PM box.

Thanks a ton for participating. Winners, please PM me with a mailing address so we can get your copy of An Honorable German headed your way.

best
Neal

Dowly
06-29-09, 08:49 AM
Oi, Nealster! Where's mah booook? Want want want want want want want! :stare:

Sailor Steve
06-29-09, 11:17 AM
Someone needs to learn a new word: patience.:sunny:

Task Force
06-29-09, 11:19 AM
I like raptors entry title.:lol:

Chad
08-12-09, 01:49 AM
Just finished reading my copy a few days ago.

Neal's review was pretty spot on.. I was engrossed with the book! :yeah:

I had heard of Graf Spee and knew a little of it's history, and with it's mention in the book up to it's sinking, I hopped online and read it's full history, and the author was historically correct on a lot of things. That made a big impression on me, being that it is his first novel.

I then enjoyed it so much, after hopping on Facebook I found the author's facebook and An Honorable German's facebook page and am now friends with both of them. I congratulaed the author, Charles McCain on a job well done with the book and he was very polite in his reply. Top notch guy!

It's people like him that make me love the book very more, to know that they respect the history the write about as much as their fans who read their work :D

Dowly
08-20-09, 10:17 AM
Got my copy today (arrived last thursday, but I was lazy) and after reading 40 or so pages, I'm very pleased. :yeah:

Thanks! :rock: