PDA

View Full Version : can't see deck gun tracer round?

tmdgm
06-12-09, 09:40 PM
Not sure when it happened, or which mod, but I can no longer see my deck gun tracer round, the gun shoots, i see the splash, but no tracer. What's weird is I can see the tracer round from the bridge if I command the gunner to shoot, but not from the gun itself.

I'm using gwx 2.1 with OLC Uber and Thomsen's sound pack.

Hanomag
06-12-09, 10:01 PM
In the years I have been playing SH 3. Since it was released til now. I have never ever seen tracer rounds... :o

I think I need to pay more attention. :nope:

Of course I have always manned my own gun, maybe thats why? :hmmm:

tmdgm
06-12-09, 11:27 PM
Interesting, it's been a while since I used the deck gun. I could've sworn I remember seeing the tracer round when manning the deck gun. Anyone else remember?

Task Force
06-13-09, 12:48 AM
I remember seeing tracers also.

Jimbuna
06-13-09, 09:01 AM
Only when firing in a high trajectory arc.

tmdgm
06-13-09, 06:50 PM
welp, can't see it in a high trajectory arc now, and i thought that didn't matter before, but could be wrong.

Either way, shouldn't you be able to see the tracer? You can see it from the bridge, but not from the deck gun postion.

John O
06-13-09, 07:43 PM
Don't remember any tracer rounds but I do remember the Star Shell in the stock game. I liked then because they lit up the night and increased gun accuaracy.

Jimbuna
06-14-09, 05:32 AM
welp, can't see it in a high trajectory arc now, and i thought that didn't matter before, but could be wrong.

Either way, shouldn't you be able to see the tracer? You can see it from the bridge, but not from the deck gun postion.

I've just checked it out and it is still there.

We are on the same wavelength here aren't we? :hmmm:

What your calling a tracer round, I would say was the shell (white spec) flying toward the target.

tmdgm
06-14-09, 02:00 PM
No, on my setup, it's not there, there is no white spec going towards the target, just the gun fire, then the splash (or hit, but most likely splash :DL)

Not sure when i lost it. strange.

Contact
06-14-09, 02:03 PM
Should we see the tracing shell flying at all ? Hard to tell. Well maybe only at night :hmmm:

onelifecrisis
06-14-09, 04:40 PM
I just ran the artillery training mission and I can see the deck gun "tracers" from the deck gun view in my setup (shown in my sig).

TigerShark808
06-14-09, 05:51 PM
I would like to see a longer tracer trail @ night and NONE during the day but im sure the longer tracer trail would be a hit in FPS ?

Contact
06-15-09, 03:38 AM
I would like to see a longer tracer trail @ night and NONE during the day but im sure the longer tracer trail would be a hit in FPS ?

I bet you wount even notice the hit on FPS just by making tracer tail longer :)

Bent Periscope
06-15-09, 04:59 PM
I don't recall seeing them in the deck gun view. I did in the other viewable locations, I.e. binoculars, bridge, etc.

BP

TigerShark808
06-15-09, 09:30 PM
I bet you wount even notice the hit on FPS just by making tracer tail longer :)

Yeah your probably correct. :)

I would like to see a longer tracer trail @ night. A tracer that didnt always appear to go straight back from the projectile but sort zig zagged in every direction (giving the appearence that the projectile was not heading in a straight line) as they did in real life. Tracers were never so clean looking as they are in this game.