PDA

View Full Version : America has a weight problem?

SteamWake
06-09-09, 09:32 AM
I heard this mentioned on the radio this morning.

"Airlines struggle with seating for 'large' people. The best solution would be to take out half the seats and charge double for the ones remaining" :o

Anyhow I present "National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance" :06:

http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/

AVGWarhawk
06-09-09, 09:36 AM
Yes, America has a weight problem...they can't wait to eat:O:

SteamWake
06-09-09, 09:42 AM
Yes, America has a weight problem...they can't wait to eat:O:

Is that like the see food diet?

AVGWarhawk
06-09-09, 09:44 AM
Exactly like the SEE food diet:D

Kapitan_Phillips
06-09-09, 10:49 AM
Why do fat people get the same handluggage allowance as everyone else?

The 13kg I'm allowed HAS to be taken up just by their boobs :doh:

But on a more serious note, I'd like to see airlines make a bit more of an effort for tall people. I've been on several flights, and have been rather uncomfortable, so instead of pandering to fat people, who have the ability to change the way they are, why not cut ME some slack, because I cant? :cry:

FIREWALL
06-09-09, 10:59 AM
Why do fat people get the same handluggage allowance as everyone else?

But on a more serious note, I'd like to see airlines make a bit more of an effort for tall people. I've been on several flights, and have been rather uncomfortable, so instead of pandering to fat people, who have the ability to change the way they are, why not cut ME some slack, because I cant? :cry:

They have allowed for you. Why do you think the 747 has a Hump. :har:

Kapitan_Phillips
06-09-09, 11:03 AM
They have allowed for you. Why do you think the 747 has a Hump. :har:

Yes FW, I'll just stand in the cockpit. *facepalm* XD

Jimbuna
06-09-09, 12:01 PM
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8753/airline2zo7.jpg

*Captain Announcement*

Would the fat bastid in the back please move to a spare seat nearer the front...at least until we take off.

Sailor Steve
06-09-09, 01:02 PM
And that's just the men!

Task Force
06-09-09, 01:28 PM
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8753/airline2zo7.jpg

*Captain Announcement*

Would the fat bastid in the back please move to a spare seat nearer the front...at least until we take off.

So that fat woman at your job decided to go on trip...:rotfl:

Raptor1
06-09-09, 01:31 PM
So that fat woman at your job decided to go on trip...:rotfl:

To Saudi Arabia?

The plot thickens...

Task Force
06-09-09, 01:33 PM
well... Its a possability...

AVGWarhawk
06-09-09, 01:34 PM
To Saudi Arabia?

The plot thickens...

The gravy thickens also :D

Sailor Steve
06-09-09, 01:35 PM
And my blood thickens as well.

Task Force
06-09-09, 01:35 PM
So thats what they serve on flights nowday...

Couldnt they put people on the wings.:hmmm:

Task Force
06-09-09, 01:43 PM
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8753/airline2zo7.jpg
Heres the awnser. weight distribution... important aint it.

SteamWake
06-09-09, 02:44 PM
My wife and I fly on commuter turbo props fairly often. More than once my wife has been asked to exchange seats with a 'larger' person up front due to CG issues.

Most of the time its not an issue but one time the guy made a big fuss about it. Seems he dident want to be stuck in the back of the plane. The pilot stated more or less that he wouldent attempt take off till the 'cargo' was adjusted :rotfl:

Seems they would rather be tail heavy than nose heavy.

Kapitan_Phillips
06-09-09, 02:55 PM
My wife and I fly on commuter turbo props fairly often. More than once my wife has been asked to exchange seats with a 'larger' person up front due to CG issues.

Most of the time its not an issue but one time the guy made a big fuss about it. Seems he dident want to be stuck in the back of the plane. The pilot stated more or less that he wouldent attempt take off till the 'cargo' was adjusted :rotfl:

Seems they would rather be tail heavy than nose heavy.

That's disgraceful. If its such a problem for the fat person, then he should've gone on a bigger plane, not made a massive fuss for people who can fit.

Jimbuna
06-09-09, 03:55 PM
That's disgraceful. If its such a problem for the fat person, then he should've gone on a bigger plane, not made a massive fuss for people who can fit.

I wonder if that's why they were named 'Jumbo Jets' ? :hmmm:

SteamWake
06-09-09, 04:13 PM

There are no bigger planes from here to there. You either fly an embriar or drive 200 miles to a real airport. :rotfl:

There are a few CRJ's out of here but they dont go there.

CastleBravo
06-09-09, 04:17 PM
I would call America's weight problem certain political alliances. I'll leave it to you to figure out which.

Kapitan_Phillips
06-09-09, 04:25 PM
There are no bigger planes from here to there. You either fly an embriar or drive 200 miles to a real airport. :rotfl:

There are a few CRJ's out of here but they dont go there.

Well point taken, but people like that really really annoy me. I'm 6' 7", and can only afford economy. When I was looking at a 7 hour flight to the US, I asked the stewardess if she would mind asking one of the passengers in the exit row if they would be okay with swapping seats. They werent, so I grinned and beared it. I cant help how tall I am, its just..there. I dont expect people to give things up because of it, I booked the tickets knowing the limitations, its just sometimes, someone might be travelling alone, and wouldnt mind moving back a few rows so a tall bloke could be a little more comfortable.

It really annoys me that y'all were harassed like that, and made to give something up for the benefit of someone who has made no effort to change.

SteamWake
06-09-09, 04:25 PM
I would call America's weight problem certain political alliances. I'll leave it to you to figure out which.

Well Ill be, trying to inject politics into a silly thread. Go figure.

SteamWake
06-09-09, 04:27 PM
Well point taken, but people like that really really annoy me. I'm 6' 7", and can only afford economy. When I was looking at a 7 hour flight to the US, I asked the stewardess if she would mind asking one of the passengers in the exit row if they would be okay with swapping seats. They werent, so I grinned and beared it. I cant help how tall I am, its just..there. I dont expect people to give things up because of it, I booked the tickets knowing the limitations, its just sometimes, someone might be travelling alone, and wouldnt mind moving back a few rows so a tall bloke could be a little more comfortable.

It really annoys me that y'all were harassed like that, and made to give something up for the benefit of someone who has made no effort to change.

Im gonna start a "National Association for the Acceptance of Tall People" just for you :rock:

Oh my I just googled NAATP and that might not work out to well. :rotfl:

Kapitan_Phillips
06-09-09, 04:29 PM
Im gonna start a "National Association for the Acceptance of Tall People" just for you :rock:

Awww :DL

...:o

CastleBravo
06-09-09, 04:33 PM
Well Ill be, trying to inject politics into a silly thread. Go figure.

You are correct it was bad of me. But lets talk about some other country's problems for a change. Shall we?

I'm kinda fed-up with the US bashing.

Kapitan_Phillips
06-09-09, 04:38 PM
You are correct it was bad of me. But lets talk about some other country's problems for a change. Shall we?

I'm kinda fed-up with the US bashing.

Well how about lets not bash anyone? I think this is a universal problem.

CastleBravo
06-09-09, 04:49 PM
Well how about lets not bash anyone? I think this is a universal problem.

Good on you Kapitan_Phillips! Thank you. I haven't been on this board very long but it seems some members in the General Topics forum are anti-American. That is fine, but it seems overly critical and gets old after a time.
What's next, its the US's fault that the EU elections went the way they did because of Mr. Obama?

MR. Wood
06-09-09, 05:37 PM
Yes America is over weight but some of us are going to gyms to lose it.
Cast or beret US Army 18X

antikristuseke
06-09-09, 06:20 PM

Better make than international, I know exactly how uncomfortable some forms of transport are for tall people and im only 6'3

Task Force
06-09-09, 07:16 PM
Yea, I know the feeling of being tall in places people over 5'6 arnt surspose to be. lol

FIREWALL
06-09-09, 10:39 PM
I will have to admit we do have a weight problem in Washington DC. :yep:

Too many FATHEADS in politics. :haha:

Jimbuna
06-10-09, 02:55 AM

ROFLMAO :rotfl:

:oops:

Kapitan_Phillips
06-10-09, 06:28 AM
Its the same with car insurance. The companies cant seem to realise that I CANT FIT IN SMALL CARS. I need a saloon or bigger, and I'm penalised. :shifty:

Sailor Steve
06-10-09, 12:17 PM
Solution there: buy a Mini.

Remove front seat.

Drive from rear seat.

Look cool doing it.:rock:

nikimcbee
06-10-09, 01:17 PM
Ha, we need a picture of us together: The giant and the pudgy hobbit

http://bp0.blogger.com/_DOVwSf-c70A/RmHRBoCrAhI/AAAAAAAAARg/mS9lmaL4eWo/s400/Big+dog+little+do.jpg

Jimbuna
06-10-09, 03:19 PM
Its the same with car insurance. The companies cant seem to realise that I CANT FIT IN SMALL CARS. I need a saloon or bigger, and I'm penalised. :shifty:

Next you'll be expecting special discounts on longer beds :hmmm:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/866/200312889002.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200312889002.jpg)

antikristuseke
06-10-09, 03:34 PM
Solution there: buy a Mini.

Remove front seat.

Drive from rear seat.

Look cool doing it.:rock:

Steps 1 through 3 are simple, but step 4 is a real stumbling block.

JALU3
06-13-09, 07:06 AM
I say, especially since I have gotten larger since leaving the service, and my wife has ALWAYS been larger than I, that if the option is available, even if at extra cost to the customer, have those who cannot fit in the economy seats, have to go business or first class. It will be more comfortable for than, move them closer to the front of the plane, and make those that they would have been sitting next to that much more comfortable for the duration of the flight.
If the option is not available, than make it mandatory, for those who are larger to be seated as the operator of the flight sees fit. If the customer doesn't like it, they can be refunded the cost of the flight and be given a voucher for the train or bus ride to the intended destination.

SteamWake
06-13-09, 08:46 AM
make it mandatory, for those who are larger to be seated as the operator of the flight sees fit.

It already is to some degree. The flight commander has the final say of go / no go.

gimpy117
06-13-09, 10:25 PM
as someone who beat the "fat bug" I'm appalled at that site.
fat is no way to live I don't ever wanna go back. and to preach acceptance and almost normalcy is wrong. their education section is all about lobbying and teaching acceptance instead of how not to get fat if possible. :nope:

sunvalleyslim
06-13-09, 10:50 PM
How many of you guys have been to Disneyland or Disney World and seen how many grossly overweight people are riding in a motorized chair? I thought they were for disabled people. And if they consider overweight as disabled then we're in trouble. If they got their fat ass out and walked we would be doing them a favor

sunvalleyslim
06-13-09, 10:55 PM
Yes America is over weight but some of us are going to gyms to lose it.

And to you Sir my hat is off and I salute you. You have the courage to come forward, and know how to make the change.......:salute: :salute: :salute:

August
06-14-09, 12:46 AM
Overweight? I prefer to call it "being prepared for famine"! :D

CastleBravo
06-14-09, 01:30 AM
Its Bush's fault.

Jimbuna
06-14-09, 07:09 AM
As long as I can fit into my computer chair I don't have a problem....do I? :hmmm:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/84/screenshot45zd0ra8gf6.jpg

Platapus
06-14-09, 07:17 AM
I am not overweight. I am undertall.

According to the insurance charts, my desired height is somewhere around 8' 7".
:D

One of the reasons I don't like to vacation at the seashore. Every time I lay on the beach, well meaning people always are trying to push me back in to the water.

<rimshot>

sunvalleyslim
06-14-09, 01:54 PM
:har::har::har:...........:haha::haha::haha:

Task Force
06-14-09, 01:56 PM
LOL.:har:

OneToughHerring
06-14-09, 02:09 PM
I'm about 6'4" (193cm) and I wouldn't want to be any taller, maybe a little shorter actually. I can't count the times I've recieved glancing blows to the top of my head from low doorways and low ceilings.

Kapitan_Phillips
06-14-09, 02:35 PM
I'm about 6'4" (193cm) and I wouldn't want to be any taller, maybe a little shorter actually. I can't count the times I've recieved glancing blows to the top of my head from low doorways and low ceilings.

You and me both, brother.

antikristuseke
06-14-09, 02:36 PM
Aye, those are too numerous to count, and I am the sortest of us thre, only 191cm tall.

Task Force
06-14-09, 02:44 PM
yea, havent taken my height in a long time. But I know last time I was over 6 feet 1 inch.:hmmm:
(I have a uncle whos like 7 feet tall or something like that.)