PDA

View Full Version : patrol log

U-84
05-31-09, 01:34 PM
it's now June 28th 1942, stil in my S boat for the past 6 months since the phillipines...just one question, everytime i try to look at the captain's log in port, it states when i look at it, no patrols...are my patrols not registering?, and therefore i'll never get a promotion? I've completed 5 patrols to date. also same with submarine aces, my tonnage from a previous patrol was 39,000, and it stated so on the ace board, but then in this patrol i only bagged 18,000, and it stated on the board i had 18k tons..? is this the way Sh4 is supposedto work?

Frame57
06-01-09, 05:42 PM
I never really read the log book in port but as long as you are gaining renown you will do fine. The promotions for you are anticlimatic and you only know it by reading your next orders. You also will be offered a new boat soon as well. :salute:

U-84
06-02-09, 10:30 AM
yup, soon after i read ur post, at the end of my current patrol i was given a salmon class submarine- anything over that S-class, , im takin ur advise, as long as your earning renown ur good.

Frame57
06-02-09, 11:48 AM
In late 42 or early 43 you will be offered a Gato class. The 6 bow tubes make for fun when you find a Carrier or Battleship. Also make sure you have manged your crew in port. Give them the medals and what many new players fail to do is to add crewmenber to the damage control section. They also have a few crew members in slots where they should not be, particularly a Gunner in the aft torpedo room. Exchange him with another crew member and put the Cheif on the Aircraft gun.:salute:

U-84
06-03-09, 02:26 AM
correction, im in a Gar class, and definately taking ur guys advise,...during this last patrol my crew and i intercepted and sunk a hiryu carrier, but to the lose of being bombed a day later by a HK flying boat, basically kiling 1 crew member and now everyoneon watch is red (mood wise) basically how do i cure this, my original thought was to dismiss these men and replace them, with sme experience and some rookies.

Frame57
06-03-09, 10:32 AM
A couple of things. Make sure you do not keep the crew at battle stations too long. That could affect them. The crew will gain experience as you complete patrols so they will get more efficient. I usually do not take on aircraft until I have a Baleo class upgraded with 40mm guns. Then the crew usually decimates any aircraft as long as I am not being swarmed if I am in the vicinity of an enemy task force. Then it is crash dive time... Save your game often so you can re start from a save point if you make an error and want to make a different attack approach. The crew you can add will have zero experience. When I start a new career I always check to make sure I have the best watchstanders for lookouts and the best gunners for the anti aircraft guns and the forward torpedo room. Any lookout with a proficiency of less than 30 I put in the damage control section and i make sure I have at least 30 to 32 proficiency for a lookout or higher. Gun experience I like 50 or higher.