PDA

View Full Version : Here is a game engine that refuses to retire :)

stabiz
05-25-09, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3m9iitOk7A

SteveW1
05-26-09, 02:13 AM
Reminds me of Command and Conquer :yeah:

Steve

Raptor1
05-26-09, 03:00 AM
This is...what, the 11th game based on the Blitzkrieg engine?

HunterICX
05-26-09, 03:25 AM
That kind of engine never gets old imo.

HunterICX

Dowly
05-26-09, 05:07 AM
Well what can you say, the gameplay is good and the graphics and textures are drawn. Quite like Broken Sword or Close Combat, after all these years it's still stunning. :yep:

HunterICX
05-26-09, 05:23 AM
Well what can you say, the gameplay is good and the graphics and textures are drawn. Quite like Broken Sword or Close Combat, after all these years it's still stunning. :yep:

I must say I pick these kind of gameplay/graphics over that CoHish, MoW Gameplay/Graphics

HunterICX

papa_smurf
05-26-09, 06:09 AM
I used to have Blitzkrieg, when it first came out, surprised its still going strong.

Arclight
05-26-09, 06:54 AM
I must say I pick these kind of gameplay/graphics over that CoHish, MoW Gameplay/Graphics

HunterICXYou would say that, you Close Combat lover. :haha:

I must admit I prefer the 3D engines for "tactical" possibilities; blasting a crater with artillery and have your infantry use them for cover, if an enemy is behind a house you need to lob the grenade over the building instead of through it, that sort of thing. :hmmm:

stabiz
05-26-09, 08:47 AM

HunterICX

I agree on CoH, but nooooot MoW.:stare: MoW is game of the year for me so far. (Yes, fanboi alert!)

I loved the original games, particularly the ones before Blitzkrieg. Blitzkrieg 2 was awful, and I kinda lost track after that.

Raptor1
05-26-09, 10:52 AM
Pfft, tactical-level games...

*pets Field Marshal's baton*

My precious...