PDA

View Full Version : TMO-FOTRS: What is the major difference?

MasterChief
05-25-09, 03:47 PM
Saw another thread asking which supermod is best - TMO or FOTRS but the only reply was to load both. I have the same question and appreciate the idea of loading both but do not have the space. Can anyone tell me what the major difference is between the two supermods? Thanks and God Bless!

rubenandthejets
05-25-09, 04:35 PM
FOTRS has a huge number of ships and planes missing from stock and is constnatly being updated with more. AOTD Mad Max is a prolific and very skilled modder of ships and planes!

It also has a feature where planes will strafe and launch torpedos at you. I'm not sure who's work this is but it is included in the mod.

MasterChief
05-25-09, 05:27 PM
That sounds great, so the rest of the FOTRS is similar to TMO?

cgjimeneza
05-25-09, 06:26 PM
I would say go for TMO (with RSRD)....

Have not really tried FOTRS...

have some exp with RFB and OpMonsun, but went back to TMO for in my opinion it provides the best playability, vrs the realism of the last two supermods.

in PTC we mainly use TMO w/out RSRD as our standard with extra eye candy as each skipper likes.

you have no space in your HD for an extra 4-5 gigs install with multish4.exe? i have some 3 diff installs in my machine and a clean one to "import" in an external HDD

Stealhead
05-25-09, 06:27 PM
No FOTRS is based on TMO but they are from a gameplay stance very diffrent. FOTRS dose not have the AI boost that TMO has from a diffaculty stand point FOTRS has far less skilled AI than TMO has. FOTRS has lots of ships and has all the "pretty" mods that TMO has but not the :damn: stuff.So you dont have skilled AI from aship or aircraft stand point.FOTRS is TMO for people who like the AI level in stock I guess you could say.FOTRS goes for for adding lots of ships and extra planes.

MasterChief
05-25-09, 08:12 PM
Thanks for all the help shipmates! I'm tracking now!

Stormende
05-29-09, 01:26 PM
I am testing both and I like TMO but for some reason it requires a lot of processing, my frame rate with all the settings maxed crawls to 12 fps when in stock and FORTS stays at 30. I like both but as Stealhead wrote: TMO has better AI.