PDA

View Full Version : Multi player basic questions

breadcatcher101
05-23-09, 10:32 AM
What is it? Do several of you connect with eachother and form wolf packs? I have no idea. None of my friends are into sims. I think I would like to try it and see how it works.

I am a novice when it comes to computors--a whole bunch of buttons and stuff but it sounds fun.

runningdeer
05-23-09, 10:48 AM
I have never played multiplayer either. I would be interested in trying it as well. I am a good player, but only play at 30% realism. No manual targeting for me, yet.

I've tried online play with some of my FPS games but things moved too fast, I hardly knew what was going on before I would get killed. The game play wasn't the same.

Playing a cooperative mode (SH4) sounds interesting to me.

Munchausen
05-23-09, 03:23 PM
Well, things don't usually move too fast in SH4 multiplayer. Still, it's a good idea to first practice with the SP mode ... as the old saying goes, "you fight like you train."

If you've never done any MP gaming, SH4 can be slightly confusing ... even frustrating. Hosting a game requires a bit of know-how ... it helps if you're already familiar with IPs, game ports, and "lobbies." Believe it or not, the manual can actually be of some help ... but, if you're trying to host and others see your connection as "999," then you've done something wrong.

A good idea is to find one or two others, arrange a time to meet, get on TeamSpeak (or some other comm program), and take your time. If you still can't figure it out, post your problem in the MP section of this forum (if nobody answers, come back here ... the MP section doesn't seem to be as popular and it can take a lot longer before anyone responds).