PDA

View Full Version : Weird CTD and dll error

Rosencrantz
05-20-09, 10:43 AM
Hello!

So far SHIV has run just fine to me, until few days ago I got weird CTD; while running surface alone suddenly all sounds and screen blacked. Maybe a minute later Vista seemed to proceed to sleep mode, as I had to "restart" whole system. Today this happened twice, both when the boat was on the surface and at PD - and alone. What I did was to scan the logs and then I found this: Kernel dll error. :hmmm:

Played with google and found about hundred possible reasons for the error. Anyone went through on this? I suspect possible corrupted files might cause the error, but who knows. I'm running the game with a laptop, which means not supported videocard, but so far everything has gone just fine. Another possibility is the processor, but somehow I don't believe it could be the reason, as my laptop is not a children's model.

Most curious thing is that laptop enter in the (proper?) sleep mode. Never before seen that happening. And I have checked "never" for the sleep mode in the computer's "set up".

Any ideas, comments?

Greetings,
-RC-

Gato76
05-20-09, 11:04 AM
Kernell errors r usually memory errors make sure u don't have a lot programs and services running in the background when running the game ,reinstall the game and update video drivers

Rosencrantz
05-20-09, 11:13 AM
Thanks for info, Gato76.

Reinstalling now, and I checked the drivers; everything just fine there. Just thinking, the reason could be also heating...

-RC-