PDA

View Full Version : Geforce 6200 pci and SHIII question

Balladeer
05-19-09, 10:36 AM
Hey there. I'm on a computer that initially has integrated graphics. But I found out that it had an open pci slot. I picked up a Geforce 6200 pci card. I know its a low end card and pci but it has shader support. I'm able to run some of the source games on low settings and things like Pirates of the Carribean with its shader water. So I know the card can work on some games albeit not on high settings.

I'm trying to get SHIII to work but can't. I installed the game and it said that I passed all of the minimum and some of the recommended requirements. I installed the patches and then restarted the computer. When I started the game from the desktop icon, I get a green screen. A couple of minutes later I get a blue error screen saying something to the effect that the device got stuck into an infinite loop.

Can a low end Geforce 6200 run SHIII? If so what do I need to do? Do I need another nvidia driver?

Thanks.

AVGWarhawk
05-19-09, 10:39 AM
Yes, I ran SH3 with a 6200 card.

Balladeer
05-19-09, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the reply. For the first time I tried hitting ESC when the green screen showed up and it made the screen disappear. I hit ESC one more time and it cut to the main loading screen. I got into the game and it is rendering.

So I think it may be that its not able to run the intro movie and giving me that green screen and blue error message. Although I did allow the game to install the codecs so I don't know what the problem was. But if I just hit ESC a couple of times at the green screen it cuts right the the main game loading.

I also tried running in harware and in open gl and they both work. Is one better than the other for SHIII? Thanks again.

Nerazzurri
05-19-09, 02:31 PM
You need to go sh3>data>movies and delete the intro file mate. I'm running with a 6200 as well and needed to do that.

EDIT: if you're planning on installing GWX you may want to leave the file where it is until after installing the mod.

FIREWALL
05-19-09, 02:39 PM
A friend some time back played SH-3 with GWX 1.03 on a Nividia 5600 agp card 128 mb quite nicely.

Balladeer
05-20-09, 11:50 AM
Thanks everybody for the help.

bookworm_020
05-20-09, 07:18 PM
I play SHIII with a Geforce 6200 AGP card without a problem. It can even handle SH4 on medium settings. I ran a 5200 card until I got SH4 and had no problem with SHIII. Check your drivers and settings and see if that helps.:hmmm: