PDA

View Full Version : How to cure the 'torpedo using wrong speed' problem/bug

Paul Riley
05-16-09, 11:54 AM
I am sorry to ask this,as most of it was explained in my previous posts about problem torpedo settings,mainly with the ETorps.I was advised on this,and was told that sometimes mixed loadouts can cause problems with the torpedoes using the incorrect speed.What I would like now though,if you dont mind,is a final,step by step rundown on how to cure this problem,ensuring all torpedoes are correctly set for firing.
At the moment tube 1 is loaded with an ET,and 2,3,4 are loaded with standard STs.I can see in tube 1 that the torpedo is registered at 30kts,yet the red arrow inside the dial reads about 28kt (again explained before),and the other 3 tubes display their speeds correctly,ie,40kts for fast.What exactly causes this?

I also cant seem to change an ET for a ST mid patrol.Surely you should be able to do this.

I really dont want another repeat of what happened the other day,my miss at only 500m with an ET.

This would be a great help to me,and would be greatly appreciated :know::up:

onelifecrisis
05-16-09, 01:57 PM
Just click on the switch that sets the torpedo speed, even if it looks like it's already set correctly, and that will fix the TDC (the TDC may need to be on Auto for this to work). If you insist on using mixed torpedo loadouts then you must do this every time you select a tube. I believe this was already explained to you in several different ways by several different people in the other two threads you started on this subject? :06:

No, you can't unload an eel from a tube and load a different torp instead.

Paul Riley
05-16-09, 02:10 PM
Its been discussed before yes,and as I said at the beginning of this post im sorry to bring it up again :cry:
I just wanted a final quick rundown,before my next attack,its very concerning.
I dont insist on using mixed loadouts no,yet the only reason I wanted to try half ETs and half STs was to give some flexibility for day and night attacks respectively,instead of just going will a full load of STs,which arent exactly the best choice against convoys in the day,especially during Nov 42.
Does this conflict with mixing torps even affect loading say a Falke in the rear tube?
Anyway,I think its sorted now,so thanks.

onelifecrisis
05-16-09, 02:20 PM
Well, I'm sorry for being an arse about it, but it's pretty annoying when you try to help someone and they ignore you (and everyone else) and make a(nother) new thread asking what was already answered. :roll:

About tube loading: you may already be aware, but you can untick the "Auto Loading" checkbox and then you get to decide which torps get loaded, and when, and in which tube, by manually dragging the torps to the tubes. But again, once a torp is loaded it can't be unloaded.

Falkes? Yeah, probably. I only ever use electrics (and I average 100k per patrol with them, with manual targetting, so I think it's safe to say they work ;)) which means it's a while since I experienced this bug, but it's better safe than sorry, right? Just get into the habit of clicking on the speed setter every time and you should have no problems.

Lzs von swe
05-16-09, 03:01 PM
As for reloading, you can, after reloading at least one tube, drag torpedoes from the tubes to an empty rack and then drag another torp to the empty tube. Will take some time though.

onelifecrisis
05-16-09, 03:13 PM
As for reloading, you can, after reloading at least one tube, drag torpedoes from the tubes to an empty rack and then drag another torp to the empty tube. Will take some time though.

:o

News to me.
I stand corrected.

:salute:

BulSoldier
05-16-09, 03:19 PM
Indeed you can unload already loaded tube but you have to have emty space in torp room where you must drag it first.Then the crew will have to uload it (witch i believe takes the same time as loading ) then load the torp you desired.

Paul Riley
05-16-09, 04:02 PM
[quote=onelifecrisis;1102424]Well, I'm sorry for being an arse about it, but it's pretty annoying when you try to help someone and they ignore you (and everyone else) and make a(nother) new thread asking what was already answered. :roll: quote]

Shame you think like that,that im ignoring advice,not the sort of thing I do,ignore advice.Then I reckon you have never been in a position in life where sometimes its the easy things you miss?,well this was one of them times for me.Sorry to have bothered you and the others with this.

At least I know it is a bug,and thats all that matters for me as its out of my control when shots go astray for that reason alone.

Paul Riley
05-16-09, 04:29 PM
TO THE MODERATORS

Would it be possible to remove this entire post for me?,as I think I have all that I need now,and its both frustrating and embarrassing for me to look through again :damn::nope:

(all this bother from a bleedin poxy little electric torpedo...shameful really)

Thanks a lot.

onelifecrisis
05-17-09, 03:22 AM
Paul, as per PM, I do sincerely apologise for being rude.

Please don't mind me, I'm just the grumpy git around here!

Regards,
OLC

Paul Riley
05-17-09, 03:45 AM
No problem OLC.

After all,whats important is that we can talk about things at ease in here,without feeling embarrassed or even stupid,and this forum is good for that,except for rare moments like these.Even experts dont get it right every time :hmmm:

Simple misunderstandings really.