PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Issue

Backstretch
05-16-09, 10:06 AM
Ahoy, Shipmates! Just getting back to SH 4 after disk crash. I am stuck achieving mission goal of "patrolling Marshall Islands" - I've patrolled the area forever, sunk some shipping, but not achieving the goal! :hmmm: Is there any secret to achieving this and other non-specific goals? I'd appreciate any hints! Thanks from a relative nubie!

banjo
05-16-09, 10:22 AM
You have to patrol within 300 miles (or whatever the mission brief said) for X amount of time--usually 96 hours. Shipping sunk is beside the point.

runningdeer
05-16-09, 11:15 AM
Use the compass tool...stay within the designated radius, if you leave designated radius you may have to begin the patrol time again.

Or, get within 100 miles of the patrol area star, set time compression to high with your chronometer open, until it grays out.

Backstretch
05-16-09, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll program doing circles around the target and hope for the best! Thanks again! :up:

PortsmouthProwler
05-16-09, 01:45 PM
If you leave the area, say for a contact report, when you re-enter, you start over - the clock resets.

SteamWake
05-16-09, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll program doing circles around the target and hope for the best! Thanks again! :up:

An alternative to sailing around in circles is to sit in one place and let them come to you. Saves fuel ;)

Backstretch
05-16-09, 10:18 PM
Thanks to everyone! It worked and I am now on the next mission! Appreciate all the help!:yeah: