PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Careers and Crews

Nerazzurri
05-14-09, 12:36 PM
I apologise for posting this here, as well as in the mod forum, but I'm keen to start a career so I was hoping for a quick answer.

Despite reading the PDF with SH3Comm I'm confused about the way 'realistic career length' and 'crew transfers' work. The PDF says it's calculated when a new career is started, which makes sense. But I don't get the 'in mid-patrol' and 'tinkering between patrols' relevance.

Can someone 'draw me a picture' for my mental blank on this - I'm sure it's dead easy and I'm being thick :oops:

EDIT: to try and explain a bit better, does the 'tinkering' bit mean that your selections can change if you start SH3Comm and don't start-up the game? Or once you've selected your settings these won't ever change until you start a new career??

Nerazzurri
05-14-09, 01:16 PM
Answered in the other forum. Sorry about that people.

Bent Periscope
05-14-09, 06:47 PM
Maybe you'll want to post a link since you have us interested?

BP

Nerazzurri
05-14-09, 08:04 PM
Maybe you'll want to post a link since you have us interested?

BP

:salute:

Irish1958 replied -

When CMDR starts, no files are loaded into SH3 until the check is selected, at which time it will you that the files are being loaded into SH3. CMDR will (if checked) randomly assign a varying length of time between patrols, and at the start of a patrol will (if checked) randomly transfer a crew member to another assignment and replace him with (usually) with an inexperienced man. No changes are made during a patrol to these files.
If you change many (but not all) settings or files during a patrol, the saved game may not load or CTD.