PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials or instructions for SH4 mission editor?

MetalMania
05-07-09, 01:00 PM
Are there any instructions or tutuorials on how to use the SH4 mission editor? I didn't even know there was one until I noticed it in the installation folder when I was pulling out some screenshots. I took a quick look at it and ..... had no clue what to do.

One more thing, off topic - why when I log in do all of the threads display backwards, when I open a topic the latest entry is first and the beginning is on the last page. It's kind of annoying if I'm trying to read a whole thread and have to go to like, page 10 and work backwards. Can I change this somewhere?

Munchausen
05-07-09, 07:09 PM
Click on "View First Unread" ... it's an option I wish every forum had.

Akula4745
05-07-09, 08:42 PM
I found this link on the web, MetalMania... maybe it will help -
http://www.wolfwillow.com/nu/westwind/Simulation_Gaming/SHIV/gsshiv_Building_A_Mission_Summary.htm

The index for the website with the tutorial is here:
http://www.wolfwillow.com/nu/westwind/Simulation_Gaming/SHIV/index.html

Akula4745

MetalMania
05-08-09, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the responses and links! I'm not looking to do anything fancy so this should hppefully be all I need.

eljeffo41
05-08-09, 12:41 PM
I find it hard to believe the manual doesn't cover that in great detail!It does such a fine job explaining everything else.:damn:

Akula4745
05-08-09, 05:18 PM
LOL Eljeffo... I am thinking not so much.

Thank god for this forum or a lot of noobs like me would just be wandering around the Pacific... accidentally firing torpedos and wonder what we did to make that happen.

Akula 4745

peabody
05-08-09, 08:31 PM
Are there any instructions or tutuorials on how to use the SH4 mission editor? I didn't even know there was one until I noticed it in the installation folder when I was pulling out some screenshots. I took a quick look at it and ..... had no clue what to do.

Try this. It is actually for SH3 but a lot of it still applies. Some of the option windows look a bit different but you shouldn't have any trouble figuring most of it out.

http://files.filefront.com/sh3+missioneditor+v12pdf/;11915465;/fileinfo.html

Welcome and good luck with the missions.

Peabody

Akula4745
05-08-09, 10:12 PM
Thanks peabody... I had not seen this one myself!!

Akula4745

Webster
05-08-09, 11:26 PM
One more thing, off topic - why when I log in do all of the threads display backwards, when I open a topic the latest entry is first and the beginning is on the last page. It's kind of annoying if I'm trying to read a whole thread and have to go to like, page 10 and work backwards. Can I change this somewhere?

if you click on the blue square it takes you to the last post to be posted in that thread, but if you want to go to the first post then click on the thread title name on the left side of the page and you will go to the first post.

if you click on the name under either one of those options it takes you to that members profile page.

hope that helps.