PDA

View Full Version : Long time player, but have a few questions

vonCrandall
05-06-09, 08:02 AM
I've been playing the SH series for years, and was hooked on subsim games when Silent Service was on the original Nintendo....but I recently got back into playing SH3 seriously and had a few questions.

First, I see alot of people showing pics of a mod that has things blasting off the decks, rendering vehicles on decks, and tossing the crew of ships into the water. Where do I get this mod, and is it 100% compatible with GWX3.0? I saw on the dlownloads page that there was a mod named "Real Damage Mod for 1.3 and New DC/Sonar Fix" but whenever I click it, I just get a bunch of garbled code and no download. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I was also looking if there was a mod that showed the known shipping lanes that could be put on the map.

Secondly, is there a a pretty much 'idiot proof' guide on how to use the map and mapping tools such as the marker, compass, etc and what to use them for. I know the general gist of what needs to be done to compute speed, range, etc but I wanted to know if there was a comprehensive guide as in, Step 1, you do this and here are the instructions on how to do it and why, Step 2, etc. I read the GWX3.0 manual and it is very vague on some of them and what to do, and when.

Thanks!

VipertheSniper
05-06-09, 08:22 AM
for the garbled code try right clicking the link and "save target". As for mod compatibility I don't know.

Do a forum search on tutorials for manual targeting to find manuals how to use the drawing tools in the map.

Edit: Welcome on board von Crandall :salute:

Laufen zum Ziel
05-06-09, 10:29 AM
Download the SHIII Community Manual from the Subsim download site. It will answer a lot of your questions. (click downloads - now open at top of page)

Jimbuna
05-06-09, 12:42 PM
Welcome aboard vonCrandall http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/welcome.gif

GWX3.0 comes with an enhanced damage effects mod already.