PDA

View Full Version : Parts of Georgian military rebel against Saakashvili

Skybird
05-05-09, 05:42 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8033366.stm

http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=13905497&PageNum=0

and related:
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/1010/42/376825.htm

Moscow calls claims that it has its hands in it, "delirium and agony of the Saakashvili regime". That may be true or not, but it is obviously not by chance that this revolt takes place short before the provocative NATO manouvers in Georgia, and it nevertheless is very high time that Saakashvili finally, finally gets removed from power. The trouble and damage he has done to the region, and last but not least to his own people that he seem to constantly betray and lying to, leaves no other choice, with even the most naive EU foreign policy people having moved away from him after having found unwanted and unpleasant answers to some critical questions on his dubios role in the method he provoked the war last year.

I hope the rebellion is successful, although it seems to look grim for the rebels.

Jimbuna
05-05-09, 05:47 AM
The spokesman said the government had been aware of the plot for two months.

....and they did nothing :o

They probably deserve whatever happens then.

I can't see one tank battalion making much of an impact :nope:

XabbaRus
05-05-09, 06:18 AM
Here we go and let loose the "dogs of it's all Russia's fault, evil Russia" comments in all the papers.

Lets see if they did know about this for 2 months then why now, not earlier try and arrest them? Because Suckmyw***i wants an excuse to turn opinion against Russia and away from himself as the Georgians turn against him.

This has been shown with dubioius arrests of oppostion MPs.

Max2147
05-05-09, 07:28 AM
Russia was probably involved in some way or another, but frankly Saakashvili needs to go. That little bastard causes nothing but trouble.

Of all the lousy US foreign policy decisions in recent years, I think our unconditional support of Georgia is one of the most dangerous. It reminds me too much of things like Russia's total support of Serbia in 1914 or Germany's blank check to Austria in the same year. Some people just don't deserve that sort of support, and Saakashvili is one of them.

Skybird
05-05-09, 08:04 AM
BBC says the rebellion is over. Can't have been such a huge thing then like impressions of early reports suggested.

And this mafiosi still is there. Unbelievable. :dead:

Skybird
05-05-09, 10:53 AM
German media start to wonder if there really has been any rebellion at all - or if maybe it just has been a fabrication by the leading Mafiosi to use the exercises beginning tomorrow to start trouble with Russia again like last summer - and present himself as the oh so poor victim of Russian aggression, conspiration and hell knows what.

There seem to be indications htat there was no rebellion indeed, and the Saakshvili just fabricated it.

So far, both versions remain to be unproven theories only. We need to wait, watch, and hopefully learn a bit later. Another motive for the mafiosi to could be seen revealed in his order to the interior minsitry, that the criminal conspiracy of the opposition against saakashvili is no longer to be tolerated after this attempted "coup" (which should have had an assassination loist with the mafiosi's name at the top), taking this event today (if it ever happened), as an excuse to beef up his supression of the democratic opposition that wants to chase him out of office, the town, and probably the whole country.

If I were NATO, I would call off the excercises tomorrow. The risk that this fine, noble Georgian ally uses the presence of NATO infantry troops in his country to strike Russian troops again and trying to laucnh a new war, wishing for Russia being either heistent to shoot back, or does shoot back indeed with NATO troops in the line of fire, is too high. This opera-Duce cannot be trusted. The whole manouver is very stupid idea anyway.

Schroeder
05-05-09, 12:50 PM
What the hell is NATO doing there anyway? This country isn't a wise choice for an exercise and it has to pi$$ off Russia big time. Why does the west still support that su**er?:timeout::damn:

Skybird
05-05-09, 02:09 PM
Because we bring them peace, freedom and democracy, and we fight the great evil demon who is intimidating a poor victim of intrigues and conspiracies and aggressively threatens to take over the peace-loving world. :smug:

In that seething region, with Georgia being in that corrupted and criminal state it is in right now, and Russia's good-will vitally needed for several diplomatic key issues that are a million times more urgent than Georgia will ever be and that neither Washington nor the EU can hope to adress without the Russians, my formula is a bit different: stability, predictability and reliability. Without these, there cannot be either trust, nor peace, nor freedom nor democracy. Saakashvili seems to think Georgia is the navel of the world, and evertyhing revolves around his person, even if it is about "assassination lists". That guy is mentally deranged and ill, and seriously so. Kick him out in a high orbit around Earth so that he must have some reality check and can find his place again.

Oberon
05-05-09, 05:32 PM
Kinda reminds me of how we supported Iraq because the Soviets supported Iran :damn:

Eh well, politics makes strange bedfellows, I guess. :damn: