PDA

View Full Version : Explaination for Doniz

Rip
05-04-09, 07:49 PM
On October 6th 1939 at 0430 established visual contact with a Coastal Tanker 50KM east of the Scottish coast running without lights. Shortly after launching weapons on the surface was able to make out Norwegian flag. Apologies in advance for political backlash expected to be caused by this incident. Please advise embassy in Norway to alert them to use running lights if they don't wish to swim ashore.

Artur Otten
Captain U-15

:salute:

Torplexed
05-04-09, 07:54 PM
Apologies in advance for political backlash expected to be caused by this incident.

Hmmm. I'm trying to think what that would a Norwegian political backlash would be like. Do they call in the German ambassador and force him to eat lutefisk? Smack him in the face with a dried cod? :hmm2:

Jaman
05-04-09, 08:37 PM
A Norwegian tanker you say?. Who cares about Norway anyway?. :D

Platapus
05-05-09, 05:38 AM
On October 6th 1939 at 0430 established visual contact with a Coastal Tanker 50KM east of the Scottish coast running without lights. Shortly after launching weapons on the surface was able to make out Norwegian flag. Apologies in advance for political backlash expected to be caused by this incident. Please advise embassy in Norway to alert them to use running lights if they don't wish to swim ashore.

Artur Otten
Captain U-15

:salute:

Clearly the British ship you just sunk deliberately hoisted a Norwegian flag in order to discredit not only you but the entire U-boat service.

That's my story and I am sticking with it. :arrgh!:

Bent Periscope
05-05-09, 09:58 AM
You've just speeded up the eventual invasion. Good, now we can move some sub bases onto the North Sea!

BP

Ford Prefect
05-05-09, 02:59 PM
Hmmm. I'm trying to think what that would a Norwegian political backlash would be like. Do they call in the German ambassador and force him to eat lutefisk? Smack him in the face with a dried cod? :hmm2:

Drown him in aquavit perhaps? Or exile him to Borkenes?

RoaldLarsen
05-05-09, 04:52 PM

I don't understand!

Why would anybody need to be forced to eat lutefisk?

It's delicious!

Now rakfisk, OTOH, eating that would be torture.

JHuschke
05-06-09, 07:40 PM
Sink all ships except your own and your allies.

papa_smurf
05-07-09, 04:57 AM
To: U-15

It is obvious to us that the British are trying to deceive us by using neutral flags on their ships. Do not worry about any political backlash, we will deal with it. Continue with your patrol as normal.

BDu