PDA

View Full Version : Odd graphics

Tuttle
04-28-09, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to SH3 and this forum, but played AOD back in the day.

Anyway, I'm using stock SH3 and the graphics all look great to me. However, I noticed some odd graphics. The stack smoke from other ships and factories look like black bubbles instead of whisps of smoke. The bow spray also has the appearance of rather large white bubbles. I don't think this is normal!

I'm using Vista, nVidia 8800GT with latest drivers and nHancer. As I mentioned, all other graphics look fantastic.

Has anyone else experienced these odd graphics?

Thanks

Paul Riley
04-29-09, 03:31 AM
I havent experienced those exact glitches myself,but in one or two games in the past weird anomolies have been noticed,mainly in games where extensive geometry is involoved.Getting the latest AGP drivers cured that.For the record I use an ATI X800 Pro.Now being trained as a computer repair technician I can tell you that by using stock SHIII with no added mods etc its highly unlikely its your game,rather it is a problem with your AGP,or even Vista,which I dont use,and many people have complained about Vista's compatibility with many games.Don't forget SHIII was not originally designed to operate in a Vista environment.
I personally would look into making sure you absolutely have your latest AGP drivers,download the SHIII 1.4 patch,and look into installing WinXP if it bothers you about those glitches.I can assure you WinXP is by far the best OS out there,other than Win98 which I loved in the old days,very stable,but not ideal for modern games.
Let me know what other system specs you have :yep:

irish1958
04-29-09, 06:43 AM
I had this problem when I had low frame rates. Once they became decent, it disappeared. I agree, it is a video driver problem.

Paul Riley
04-29-09, 02:44 PM
You know,I have had not one problem with SHIII,in fact not many games at all,and i've played SHIII since its release in 2005 was it?.I think its a very well programmed game,and most problems people seem to complain about seem to be of a technical nature like,unrealistic sensors,settings,why did they not include this or that?,you get the idea.
I consider myself fortunate in that I built my system from scratch,and made sure all components would not conflict with any others,then applying all neccessary patches where needed.
The latest DirectX may also be an option to look into,it all helps to make your system run games smoother and with no problems.You may also get increased performance with the latest DX.

Tuttle
05-03-09, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the replies.

The graphic oddities dissapeared after downloading nHancer and adjusting the settings. Now everything seems normal.

Thanks again!