PDA

View Full Version : DC Kreigsmarine mod problem

Buddahaid
04-27-09, 12:01 AM
I've made multiple installs of Destroyer Command (a la Pacific Aces/SH2 method) successfully up to 1.1patch and PM1.03. One is DC, the second is Sealords, and the third is another Sealords for modding to Kreigsmarine. DC and Sealords work great, but Kreigsmarine gives Janus errors when entering sim. I'm not certain I'm installing the mod correctly, as the files are from Beltze, and the translations are as poor as my Spanish language skills. Anyone got this right and can talk me in?

Buddahaid

horsa
04-27-09, 09:19 AM
Kriegsmarine is its own standalone Mod and shouldn't be written over SeaLords

Installation should be

DC
Patch 1.1
Kriegsmarine.

I see no resaon why it shouldn't work with PM but it was never actually tested with it.

The other thing is it will be buggy ... but not so buggy that you can't load a game.

Buddahaid
04-27-09, 06:51 PM
Thanks Horsa, I'll try that next. Beltza's site says to install in this order:
1. DC
2. Patch1.1
3. PMDC1.03
4. Vicker's mods etc.
5. Sealords
6. Mod Beltza of Realism
7. Pack units
8. Mission Pack
9. Beltza's Bismark (optional)
10. Other files
11. Patch1.1 and 1.2

Follow the Kreigsmarine link from this site to see what I mean. Maybe the files are packaged differently? http://www.navalsim.com/

Here's the instrucciones de instalacion. http://www.navalsim.com/km/instal.html
Buddahaid

Buddahaid
04-29-09, 07:49 PM
Well, I did another mod using a copy of the DC install and it ran on it's own. Then I installed Kreigsmarine as intructed, omitting Sealords, and it still crashes with janus errors when entering sim. Oh well, I'll maybe mess with it later.

Buddahaid

horsa
04-30-09, 10:45 AM
Ah .. looks like Beltza made some changes and has his own installation sequence.

Buddahaid
04-30-09, 02:51 PM
Thanks for checking Horsa I know you are very busy with the MA now. I thought things may have changed from your first reply.

Buddahaid

horsa
05-01-09, 07:02 AM
I'll try uploading a version to Subsim.

I've one that is JSGME compatible and works on my setup. I can't find the installer version.

Be warned though. It's got a lot of wragged ends and I can't support it. Feel free to alter or add to it if you want.

horsa
05-03-09, 05:33 PM
I tried an upload but it came back with an error. Steve tells me I need to contact Neal for large uploads.

Buddahaid
05-04-09, 06:29 PM
I do have patience unlike many. Sank the Prince of Wales and the Hood yesterday in Sealords. Bismark took about 65% damage and the rudder was destroyed like history repeating. Kept looking for the old stringbag to come over and finish me off. I assume the rudder damage is scripted? Still was fun anyway.

I've heard people pine for the game-play of AOD, and lamenting how the newer sims fall short. I think that has more to do with the simple interface than most else. What's crew managment? And, no need to worry about how much scope is exposed since it's up or down only. Lack of these diversions focuses one on the hunt and little else.

Thanks for trying,
Buddahaid

horsa
05-06-09, 06:55 PM
Kriegsmarine_DC_2.0 is now available for dowload on Subsim's download section.

I think rudder damage is a DC scripted thing for all ships.

Buddahaid
05-07-09, 04:52 PM
Kriegsmarine_DC_2.0 is now available for dowload on Subsim's download section.

I think rudder damage is a DC scripted thing for all ships.

Much obliged!

Buddahaid

Julian
05-18-09, 09:45 PM
I had problems with this mod too.

I had to install the mods manually using the copy and paste method.

For example: click on sim/units folder - it brings up a whole list of files.
High-lite all the files, then copy. Then go down and open your DESTROYER COMMAND folder in the Progran Files where you have it installed.
Find the sim/units folder and paste the high-lited files.
Follow this procedure for all the other folders.
It may take a while but it worked for me. Might still find some bugs.

First thing I did was create a new folder called "Kriegsmarine Mods".
Then I downloaded all the zip files to the folder.
Afterwards, I unzipped all the files back into the Kriegsmarine Mod folder to keep them all together.
Each unzipped file created its own folder name.
I matched and listed these names to the appropriate downloaded folders below.
Then I wrote down the order they would have to be installed.

Here is the list with the matching order to install.
1. Destroyer Command - original game
2. Patch1.1
3. PMDC1.03 - this one is optional - didn't work for me, program jammed up - so uninstalled it.
4. Vicker's mods etc.
5. sealords.zip - MOD SEA LORDS OF HORSE
6. belt-realism.zip - Mod of Realism in Beltz
7. unidades.zip - Pack unit
8. mission.zip - Pack of functions, text, messages and radio
9. bisbelt.zip - Bismark to the Beltz (optional)
10. otros.zip - Other archives
11.patch1.1.zip - Patch1.1
12.patch1.2.zip - patch1.2

See if this works out for you.