PDA

View Full Version : Getting Bored Playing the Stock Game.....

Folducker
04-17-09, 06:39 PM
So, I downloaded the stock game 1.0 (Then purchased it from NewEgg for $8.00). I haven't finished my first war patrol yet, and I am thinking about mods.
Tell me if this is the correct thing to do:

Purchase the U-Boat add on, I take it that this will give me 1.5.

Install the JSGME mod pack.

Go to Mod Heaven....

How do I back up what I have done so far?
Thanks

Armistead
04-17-09, 06:43 PM
That's it.

Just create a new folder and give it a different name..like Data1, then copy and paste your Data folder in the new one. I two copies.

Webster
04-17-09, 11:48 PM
So, I downloaded the stock game 1.0 (Then purchased it from NewEgg for $8.00). I haven't finished my first war patrol yet, and I am thinking about mods.
Tell me if this is the correct thing to do:

Purchase the U-Boat add on, I take it that this will give me 1.5.

Install the JSGME mod pack.

Go to Mod Heaven....

How do I back up what I have done so far?
Thanks

- yes the ubm will update you to v1.5 no other updates are needed.

- yes install jsgme by placing the exe file inside you game folder then run it.

also make sure you get jsgme from the jonesoft website so its the latest version, some links are older versions of it. (i think v2.2.0 is the latest)

to get german missions for the stock v1.5 game (ubm doesnt include any missions for the german side) go here: http://files.filefront.com/UBM+Mission+Packrar/;10097438;/fileinfo.html

you should play a career with stock v1.5 to get used to it first. there was major major improvements in the 4 patches that came before v1.5 so it will be a very much improved game.

after that read lots of mod threads to decide what mods you want to try.

Armistead
04-18-09, 01:46 AM
There is a good step by step on how to install a mod over at the UbiSH4 forum, just don't download the default mod listed, instead choose the one you want. I can't get in now, but will post the link tomorrow.

Folducker
04-18-09, 10:51 AM
Did the update last night, everything went great. I figured that if I lost the present campain I would just start over. Didn't lose anyhing. Noticed a difference right away. (I can throw away my metric conversion charts now). Well worth it.

Should the JSGME file go into the same directory that the game execeutible is in?

Thanks for the help

Peto
04-18-09, 11:01 AM
Should the JSGME file go into the same directory that the game execeutible is in?

Yes (the SH4 directory). Enjoy!!!