PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 info

Arclight
04-17-09, 03:16 AM
Some official confirmation of the rumors that have been circulating for a while; yes you can swim, yes it's in Italy during the renaissance and yes this means a new protagonist.

Some sources so you can read for yourself and get you up to speed:
http://kotaku.com/5214809/ubisoft-officially-announces-assassins-creed-2-for-holiday-2009
http://kotaku.com/5206309/assassins-creed-2-details-from-this-months-game-informer
http://www.screwattack.com/HardNews/040909

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
- You CAN swim
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The "Auditore" family is mentioned
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- He is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- Each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.

Expected by the end of 2009. :yeah:

Dowly
04-17-09, 03:23 AM
Coolio! I liked AC 1 quite abit. :yeah:

Arclight
04-17-09, 03:48 AM
Yep, nice storyline. Tying it all together with the Animus was quite brilliant. A lot of people complain about the combat, but it always worked fine as far as I'm concerned. And running through the streets and across rooftops is great. The amount of mobility you have in AC is amazing. :yep:

Another rumor was about disguises being a part of it as well, possibly indicating there's gonna be a bigger emphasis on stealth. :yeah:

Raptor1
04-17-09, 03:50 AM
So....1476? I wonder if they have guns then

Either way, looking forward to it

Dowly
04-17-09, 04:52 AM
Yep, nice storyline. Tying it all together with the Animus was quite brilliant. A lot of people complain about the combat, but it always worked fine as far as I'm concerned. And running through the streets and across rooftops is great. The amount of mobility you have in AC is amazing. :yep:

Another rumor was about disguises being a part of it as well, possibly indicating there's gonna be a bigger emphasis on stealth. :yeah:

Never understood the whining about the combat either, IMO it was very fluid and fun. :yeah:

Tachyon
04-17-09, 04:55 AM
*Waits for Dowly Review*

Arclight
04-17-09, 06:07 AM
So....1476? I wonder if they have guns then

Either way, looking forward to itWas another rumor that you could use gunpowder to propel objects at enemies. Kinda vague, but it could indicate a grapple gun or a crude pistol.

Dowly
04-17-09, 06:37 AM
*Waits for Dowly Review*

Here's a preview:

There's nothing new, it's a big hooded assassin cow they try to milk some more money out of, the main character looks like an emo, having more skill to slit his own wrists with an dagger than actually kill enemies. Gunpowder ruins the game, you get a musket with a huge fricking pillow taped to the barrel that acts as an silencer, get to a high spot and you can kill every dingly twat that you can see without them ever knowing what hit them.

On the plus side, you can actually choose to play a female character with accurately modelled tits that swing around as you run. And to appeal the asian players, you can wear bikini's and have tentacles and stuff.

Ow and the Da Vinci's flying thingy is really an F18 Hornet, with missiles and ****.

Tachyon
04-17-09, 11:06 AM
*Will not buy the game*

Lord Kelvin
04-17-09, 10:04 PM
I liked the original, even if everyone said that it was repetitive. It had awesome environments, the only problem was that sometimes the missions were bland and the combat got sort of old after a while. I never did finish it though, since I only got as far as the sixth guy and was forced to wipe my computer shortly after.

Reading the info, it looks like they're addressing all of the suggestions and complaints that everyone had for the first one, which I'm quite happy about. I've always seen Ubi as one of the better gaming companies, since they seem to make an effort to address consumer complaints (like the 1.4 patch for SH4), and I'll gladly buy this game when I scrounge up the money for it.

Falkirion
04-19-09, 07:50 PM
I just hope they expand a bit more on the end of AC1 which I really enjoyed despite the repetitive nature of the tasks. It was still fun freerunning all over city, dodging guards, climbing up walls and towers, throwing daggers at archers. Ah heck I'm gunna have to plug in AC1 tonight when I get home for some old school blade on blade action.

Just wish they'd show us an in game preview rather than all these picture teasers atm. I was also wondering when/where they were going to set it and Venice during the rennaisance will be an intersting time.

Arclight
04-20-09, 12:20 AM
As far as I know, it's supposed to be a trilogy. So you can be sure they continue the storyline they build with the first game.

If you read the e-mail in the conference room towards the end of the game, there was a part about the holy grail. Basically Abstergo thinks it doesn't exist, which could lead to this plotline:

First game deals with the pieces of Eden and how they fell in the hands of the brotherhood (in present day). Second game could deal with the Assassins tracking down the grail and how it falls in their hands in present day. Then the third game could be set in present day and how the Assassins try to stop the Brotherhood from launching that satelite, or possibly neutralising it after it launches. Desmond, now with the full skillset of his ancestors, could be the main character in the last game. After all, Desmond already obtained that "eagle-vision" at the end of the first game.

Falkirion
04-20-09, 06:39 PM
Ah the joy of AC, I'd forgotten what it feels like to freerun over rooftops and use my hidden blade on people. Had so much fun with the opening hour of it last night, so many good memories of the game

stabiz
04-20-09, 07:25 PM
Here's a preview:

There's nothing new, it's a big hooded assassin cow they try to milk some more money out of, the main character looks like an emo, having more skill to slit his own wrists with an dagger than actually kill enemies. Gunpowder ruins the game, you get a musket with a huge fricking pillow taped to the barrel that acts as an silencer, get to a high spot and you can kill every dingly twat that you can see without them ever knowing what hit them.

On the plus side, you can actually choose to play a female character with accurately modelled tits that swing around as you run. And to appeal the asian players, you can wear bikini's and have tentacles and stuff.

Ow and the Da Vinci's flying thingy is really an F18 Hornet, with missiles and ****.

You know what? I really dont doubt this game will be made. And it will sell in buckets. Moments later planet earth will implode in shame.

Arclight
05-04-09, 04:00 AM
Find some new articles here (http://kotaku.com/tag/assassin.s-creed-ii/).

And some "screenshots" (more like artistic impressions) here (http://www.mondoxbox.com/immagini.php?game=616).

Arclight
05-19-09, 05:53 AM
Assassin's Creed II dev team triples in size (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/513/assassins-creed-ii-triples-size-of-dev-team)

Highbury
05-20-09, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the info!!

- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.

This line actually says more then you may think. These locations are all in Venice. The protagonist is from, and the Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt happens in Florence. That gives us a scope of the area to be included in the map. I would not expect it to go much further North or South, but we will probably get Venice, Bologna, Verona, Modena (maybe Ravenna) and of course Florence for the cities, assuming they use several cities dotting the map like in the first game.

I am surprised more Florence locations are not named, like the Duomo.. ( I was gonna say Ponte Vecchio but that would be about 100 years early :P) ... Piazza della Republica is implied in the assassination attempt so it will be there... should be very interesting.

I am really looking forward to this, especially the Venice areas. I was lucky enough to have a very long stay there in '07 (walking around Piazza San Marco at about 2am when there is maybe a handful of other people is an experience I recommend fully) and know the town very well. Should be interesting to see how their 15th Century version looks!

Arclight
05-20-09, 12:23 PM
I'm hoping for at least a quick visit of Rome actually, more particularly the Sistine Chapel. No, not to assassinate the pope, just to see it. It's architecture is evocative of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem (link to first game), and the decoration was done by Renaissance artists such as Michelangelo, Raphael, Bernini, and Sandro Botticelli. With the second game taking place during the Renaissance, it's almost a must. :yep:

Falkirion
05-20-09, 06:37 PM
Can we get a free climb in the Sistine? I've love to scale the walls to get up close with Leo's work.

Highbury
05-20-09, 07:04 PM
I'm hoping for at least a quick visit of Rome actually, more particularly the Sistine Chapel. No, not to assassinate the pope, just to see it. It's architecture is evocative of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem (link to first game), and the decoration was done by Renaissance artists such as Michelangelo, Raphael, Bernini, and Sandro Botticelli. With the second game taking place during the Renaissance, it's almost a must. :yep:

LOL not possible. The game opens in 1476. The restoration of the ruined Capella Magna didn't start until 1477, the next year. It wasn't completed and renamed the Capella Sistina until 1481. The ceiling painting was started in 1508.

So not really a must :O:

Arclight
05-21-09, 04:55 AM
Ack, that's right, got my dates mixed up. :doh:

No matter, I'm sure there will be enough visual splendor to gaze upon. If my card can still hack it, offcourse. :shifty:

Arclight
05-22-09, 05:28 PM
Gamestop expects November release for Assassin's Creed 2 (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/22/gamestop-expects-november-release-for-assassins-creed-2/)

Arclight
05-30-09, 06:40 PM
Teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-ZNgm0j7I), if you can even call it that. :shifty:

Arclight
06-03-09, 07:40 PM
There we go, something substantial. Feast on this (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/assassins-creed-2/11094).

Not too convinced by the glider, but it seems to be just a part of a mission, rather than something in your possesion for a prolonged period.

Arclight
07-30-09, 05:02 PM
First impressions (http://kotaku.com/5326515/assassins-creed-ii-more-vicious-less-predictable-than-predecessor).

Very promising. :yep: