PDA

View Full Version : A question for the Texans and the cowboys

Polak
04-16-09, 05:00 PM
Alright I have a question for the people from the wild west, it regards cowboy boots... :)

I live in Europe, and we have loads of bad quality cowboy boots here...
But what brand of boots would a Texan choose?

Neal? :DL

(Yes, I am planing to buy some cowboy boots;) )

antikristuseke
04-16-09, 05:06 PM
No, you do not live in Europe, you live in Poland, a country which would be better if it were a lake. :D

Actualy, given that my favorite F1 driver is a pole, my statement might not be strictly true.

Polak
04-16-09, 05:30 PM
No, you do not live in Europe, you live in Poland, a country which would be better if it were a lake. :D

Actually, given that my favorite F1 driver is a pole, my statement might not be strictly true.

I could get offended by that comment, but why complicate things...;)
Poland has two neighbors that like to visit each other too often... And maybe if we where a lake, things would be much easier... But the truth is that we have good connections with the States, and I would appreciate if a nice good old fan of cowboy boots would recommend a good brand. :)

antikristuseke
04-16-09, 05:34 PM
Being offended by everything takes too much energy anyway, why bother?
But I have to admit, Poland is better than Belgium :)

Polak
04-16-09, 05:42 PM
Being offended by everything takes too much energy anyway, why bother?
But I have to admit, Poland is better than Belgium :)

There you go mate, a positive thing. And besides we make much better vodka than the people to the west of us. :DL

Freiwillige
04-16-09, 05:51 PM
Okay being an Arizona Cowboy I think I can help.

Justin brand are the most popular of American brands and most of them are made in America. They have been around forever and hold up quite well.

Ariat is another great brand and the quality is very high for the price although most Ariat's are Chinese made.

Durango is a good boot brand.

Also Tony Lama is good.

Try this website out.
http://www.bootbarn.com/

Onkel Neal
04-16-09, 06:22 PM

:o Wow, that was mean.

Alright I have a question for the people from the wild west, it regards cowboy boots... :)

I live in Europe, and we have loads of bad quality cowboy boots here...
But what brand of boots would a Texan choose?

Neal? :DL

(Yes, I am planing to buy some cowboy boots;) )

You will be disappointed to learn that over the last 10 years, all I have bought were Dan Post and no-name boots, usually made in Mexico. Yes, I know, not something to boast about :wah: Not that they were bad boots, not at all. They fit and wear pretty well, but they aren't brand name. That's the price of being poor :shucks:

When I was younger, I usually selected Nicoma and Lucchese. What Frei said is spot on, although I draw the line at wearing Chinese boots!

Nothing beats a nice new pair of boots that fit well. :up:

antikristuseke
04-16-09, 06:33 PM
:o Wow, that was mean.

Mean? You should hear my jokes about Latvians.:O:

UnderseaLcpl
04-16-09, 06:42 PM
I'd also recommend Tony Lamas, but the ones I have need replacement soles more frequently than I would like. I've also had a good experience with Justin boots.
Depends on what you want to wear them for, though. Casual use? Riding? Agricultural work?

Polak
04-16-09, 06:49 PM
What Freiwillige said

And what Neal said

Thank you guys for your input, if some one else has something else to say about cowboy boots, please do so!

I am looking for a pair of boots that will hold on for a while!

Mean? You should hear my jokes about Latvians.:O:

Fortunately I am not on my war path today, and I believe that antikristuseke is not to too serious about his comments, but if he is... I will be more than happy to take this discussion over PM, I do not like people saying that Poland would be of better being a lake, reminds me too much of Hitlers ideas for Warsaw.

Polak
04-16-09, 06:51 PM
I'd also recommend Tony Lamas, but the ones I have need replacement soles more frequently than I would like. I've also had a good experience with Justin boots.
Depends on what you want to wear them for, though. Casual use? Riding? Agricultural work?

Mainly for casual wear, but I tend to walk a lot, so it would be nice with a couple of boots that will hold on for a while.

UnderseaLcpl
04-16-09, 06:57 PM
Mainly for casual wear, but I tend to walk a lot, so it would be nice with a couple of boots that will hold on for a while.

Whatever you decide on, you might consider getting rubber soles layered over the leather ones, then. And remember to take care of the boot leather. I use saddle soap on mine, but there are purpose-made boot oils out there.

antikristuseke
04-16-09, 07:33 PM
Fortunately I am not on my war path today, and I believe that antikristuseke is not to too serious about his comments, but if he is... I will be more than happy to take this discussion over PM, I do not like people saying that Poland would be of better being a lake, reminds me too much of Hitlers ideas for Warsaw.

I am only joking, dont have anything against Poland, Latvia or Belgium.

Madox58
04-16-09, 07:54 PM
I have a pair of Tony Lamas
and a pair of Olathe
Olathe is made in Kansas.
I'm afraid to click the heels together on those.
:haha:

Both are nice boots

August
04-16-09, 08:19 PM
Using cowboy boots for walking is like using a saddle for swimming. :D

nikimcbee
04-16-09, 08:22 PM
I thought Texans only wore fuzzy pink bunny slippers:haha:

Onkel Neal
04-16-09, 11:27 PM

+1 on Tony Lamas

Freiwillige
04-17-09, 03:25 AM
Neal you have caught me. I am wearing Chinese cowboy boots now. But in my defence I must inform you that I agree and would never purchase Chinese cowboy boots. These were a gift and I had not known that they were made in China until after I had worn them in.

After all Communist China and the southwestern cowboy spirit share nothing in common. But if it makes you feel any better I would gladly stomp on Communism even in Communist made boots!

Also way to go Texas on that whole governer thing. I just love it when Texans stand up for themselves. I guess everything is bigger in Texas, at least courage.:up: