PDA

View Full Version : How do I use the "Reserve Torpedoes?"

Naga
04-13-09, 01:52 AM
I believe that's what they're called. They're the ones that don't seem to autoload. In the weapons manager, you can click and drag them, but I can't seem to place them in the launch tubes. Can someone explain how to use these? Thanks.

Torplexed
04-13-09, 01:56 AM
In order to load them into the tubes you need sufficient crew in the torpedo room and no silent running order. External reloads also require you to be surfaced and take about fifty to forty minutes.

More&faster
04-13-09, 02:13 AM
the ones that don't autoload are the externals. from the weapons screen drag them into place yourself. they'll take at least 45 minutes to load each, with sufficient torpedo crew of course.

Synthfg
04-13-09, 03:21 AM
Significant crew in the torpedo room,
Surface
Drag an external to an empty internal reserve slot and drop,
The external should turn grey
repeat with other externals to queue them up
Twiddle thumbs for significant time
If loading multiple externals, rotate your crew as they will get tired long before you are done

Sailor Steve
04-13-09, 11:27 AM
And you can't load them directly into the tubes. You need to move them from external to internal storage, then they will load into the tubes. And you won't see the torp image move - it will stay where it is and slowly shrink as time passes.

Jimbuna
04-13-09, 02:51 PM
And you can't load them directly into the tubes. You need to move them from external to internal storage, then they will load into the tubes. And you won't see the torp image move - it will stay where it is and slowly shrink as time passes.

But you will see the time remaining if you place your pointer over the torpedo icon....next :DL

bobchase
04-13-09, 06:49 PM
But you will see the time remaining if you place your pointer over the torpedo icon....next :DL

And even if your torpedeo room is fully green - putting an officer there to supervise will marginally speed things up. It's probably only marginal becuase there is always one or two slackers in any group of hard working sea dogs.

Bob

FIREWALL
04-13-09, 07:08 PM
Use key i to view external torpedos.

Bent Periscope
05-01-09, 01:32 PM
As mentioned, you have to be surfaced so try to do this when you are sure no one will be attacking you since if you dive and they aren't loaded, you'll have to re-surface and start from scratch.