PDA

View Full Version : reality court

Skybird
04-09-09, 07:18 AM
It might just be a reality show, nevertheless it shows how pretty much messed up today's Westerner's thinking (and our legal systems in general) is, whether it be with regards to the question if such an idea really must be produced for Tv or not, or the issue itself that got negotiated. It seems the Dutch had a TV reality show where a TV court negotiated the case of Bin Laden who was defended by a famous Dutch star lawyer - and he was able to convince the jury that Bin Laden is not guilty of having planned and orchestrated the 9/11 strikes, and that he is not the founder of Al Quaeda. the lawyer also was successful in coinvincing people of 9/11 not having been a bin Laden attack, but a "fiction put on stage by Western politicians."

Either our understanding of law and justice is messed up, or people's minds.

http://www.welt.de/politik/article3531729/TV-Gericht-erklaert-Osama-bin-Laden-fuer-unschuldig.html

So far I only found Dutch or German links, but I skipped Google after four pages of search results not showing any English source.

I know why I have a deep mistrust against our laws and courts. A system where every outcome is possible, no matter the crime, has a bit too much randomness and arbitrariness, for my taste. and I have had my own bad experience with laws, too, accusing me to be the perpetrator and almost bringing me to court, wehre I used force in a case of self-defence when some junkey I never had seen before tried to stab me on the street, and hurt me at the hip with a knife. A lawyer's job should not be to prevent justified penalty and correct senetecing for the deed, his job should only be to monitor that the courts follows the procedures and rules correctly. but it seems we have too many laws and rules, and every bad boy can find his little escape hole hidden inside them, making him labelling his legal escape a case of "justice". It seems the ethics behind it and on which a legal code also should be based, are already rotten. but the same must be said about excesses like sentencing 13 and 14 year old for lifetime without chance to get out before dying (in some countries, liofe sentence means life sentence indeed, in Germany it means a maximum of 25 years, often with release after two thirds of the penalty served).

SteamWake
04-09-09, 10:42 AM
Ummm.... what ?

UnderseaLcpl
04-09-09, 12:25 PM
Is it any wonder everyone hates lawyers?