PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Driver

ridgewayranger
03-30-09, 07:24 AM
Hi Everyone,
Maybe this is the wrong forum but I want to share my findings on the latest Nvidia driver.
I have an 8600GT which clocks 84 FPS on my Stability test program.
I've just D/Ld the latest driver,Beta 182.46 released march 23rd. I am now clocking at 150 FPS. I don't know whats happened but it sure looks good to me.
RR

Vacillator
03-30-09, 07:47 AM
To get that sort of change you must be running at different settings?

Oneshot/Onekill
03-30-09, 08:34 AM
I run an old 6800FX 256mb, and with the updated driver's no settings changes I get between 70-80 unless there is heavy traffic whic it is usually between 30-50.:yep:

irish1958
03-30-09, 08:43 AM
I also noted a fairly large FR increase with the beta driver.

java`s revenge
04-01-09, 03:25 PM
Do you have a link for the beta driver?

irish1958
04-01-09, 07:38 PM
I don't remember where I got it. PM me and I will email it to you.

ridgewayranger
04-02-09, 05:43 AM
Hi,
I did not change any settings and don't really understand it myself. I'm still evaluating but am finding good increases in FPS in SH3.
The Driver D/L is on Nvidia driver downloads. Look for 182.46 Beta.
RR.

ridgewayranger
04-05-09, 07:24 AM
Hi Guys,
I installed the latest driver on Nvidia site, 182.50, and still get virtually double my original frame rate BUT, there has to be a but, if I set up and use Nhancer the rate drops to around 70 fps. I then have to uninstal and reinstal the driver to get it back.
No doubt someone with much more knowledge of computers will be able to explain this. For the time being I'm happy to have the speed. The same thing happens if I change Nvidia settings using their own controls, so I conclude that the driver doesn't like being tweaked, unless of course, you have a blindingly fast card to start with. RR

irish1958
04-05-09, 09:20 AM
Hi Guys,
I installed the latest driver on Nvidia site, 182.50, and still get virtually double my original frame rate BUT, there has to be a but, if I set up and use Nhancer the rate drops to around 70 fps. I then have to uninstal and reinstal the driver to get it back.
No doubt someone with much more knowledge of computers will be able to explain this. For the time being I'm happy to have the speed. The same thing happens if I change Nvidia settings using their own controls, so I conclude that the driver doesn't like being tweaked, unless of course, you have a blindingly fast card to start with. RR

mmmmm, interesting. This is a beta driver; I have noted that if I use ready booste, the the computer will CTD when I try to hibernate. I assume the people at Nvedia will work out the bugs. There is a problem using Beta drivers; nevertheless, the speed increase is really great and I can see no readon to use nhancer now. I have not engaged nHancer since I have started using the beta driver, so maybe I will just uninstall it.

ridgewayranger
04-05-09, 10:55 AM
Hi again,
The driver I installed (182.50) was released on April 2nd. and is not Beta so should not cause any problems.
RR

irish1958
04-05-09, 12:03 PM
Hi again,
The driver I installed (182.50) was released on April 2nd. and is not Beta so should not cause any problems.
RR
I don't have the laptop; mine is a "desktop replacement" with an "m" label; the driver I have was released this month and is a beta.

Oneshot/Onekill
04-05-09, 12:53 PM
Geez they really like to pump these updates out fast don't they. I just updated to 182.08 a little over a week ago.:DL