PDA

View Full Version : Why am I losing my saved games???

csstanl
03-05-09, 01:18 AM
I have recently installed the GWX3 mod and twice now have lost my saved game.

The first time was on my first patrol and I was just about to attack a large convoy off the English coast but as it was already late I decided to save and continue the next day. Lo and behold when I flashed up SH3 my save game was gone - I thought it might be because I had saved my game whilst submerged and/or near many other ships.

Now today it has happened again, on my first patrol once again. This time (a new career) I was in the Med, on the surface and not another ship to be seen.

Is there a bug that don't know about? IF so, is there a fix? It's becoming quite frustrating. :damn:

A Very Super Market
03-05-09, 01:25 AM
Might be vista screwing around with your files...

But it is a known bug.

csstanl
03-05-09, 04:20 AM
I'm not running Windows Vista and I never had this problem with GWX 2.1. Is there a work around? Would it work if I copied my save game files after every session, just in case?

Jimbuna
03-05-09, 10:23 AM
Go to your SH3 folder in C\MyDocs...locate your saved game eg 'Adolf' add the letter 'x' and load up your game....the saved game will now appear.

You can delete the 'x' at a later stage.

csstanl
03-06-09, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the advice Jimbuna, it worked a treat. :D

I must offer my compliments to you and the GWX3 team also, your mod makes SH3 so much more than just a game.

Jimbuna
03-06-09, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the advice Jimbuna, it worked a treat. :D

I must offer my compliments to you and the GWX3 team also, your mod makes SH3 so much more than just a game.

Your welcome mate...and thanks for the kind words http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

BakaNi
04-06-09, 06:23 AM
Go to your SH3 folder in C\MyDocs...locate your saved game eg 'Adolf' add the letter 'x' and load up your game....the saved game will now appear.

You can delete the 'x' at a later stage.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I was just about to *depth charge* my pc out the 3rd story window.

Now instead I can enjoy being hunted by the only polish destroyer in the atlantic on the first of september 1939, what are the odds!

Sharkley
04-06-09, 09:35 AM
That is a great tip !!

I have yet to lose a saved game but knowing a "fix" is great !

Jimbuna
04-06-09, 11:30 AM
From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I was just about to *depth charge* my pc out the 3rd story window.

Now instead I can enjoy being hunted by the only polish destroyer in the atlantic on the first of september 1939, what are the odds!

SINK EM ALL!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif