PDA

View Full Version : Nasa's Global Warming fanatic James Hansen is now officially a domestic terrorist

SUBMAN1
02-25-09, 08:29 PM
Unbelievable.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/02/22/jim-hansen-supports-civil-disobedience/#more-5792

-S

SUBMAN1
02-25-09, 08:31 PM
Looks like James Hansen's boss has now come out and said his global warming theories are bunk:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=1a5e6e32-802a-23ad-40ed-ecd53cd3d320

-S

Max2147
02-25-09, 08:40 PM
Ignoring the debate over global warming for a second, since when does civil disobedience make you a terrorist?

SUBMAN1
02-25-09, 08:46 PM
Ignoring the debate over global warming for a second, since when does civil disobedience make you a terrorist?Because his version of civil disobedience includes vandalizing and property destruction as seen in the UK:

It has been an ugly day for law and common sense in the world. Vandalism in the name of ecological causes is now “ok” thanks in part to Dr. James Hansen, of NASA GISS coming to the defense of eco-vandals. See the second story below. Now, encouraged by this “victory” that gives a sanction to eco-vandalism in the UK, how many more shall we see? And if one of these people is injured and kills themselves or others in the process of the next stunt? What then? Who is responsible?

-S

Max2147
02-25-09, 09:14 PM
Ignoring the debate over global warming for a second, since when does civil disobedience make you a terrorist?Because his version of civil disobedience includes vandalizing and property destruction as seen in the UK:

It has been an ugly day for law and common sense in the world. Vandalism in the name of ecological causes is now “ok” thanks in part to Dr. James Hansen, of NASA GISS coming to the defense of eco-vandals. See the second story below. Now, encouraged by this “victory” that gives a sanction to eco-vandalism in the UK, how many more shall we see? And if one of these people is injured and kills themselves or others in the process of the next stunt? What then? Who is responsible?

-S
First off, I don't see a quote in that article that supports the destruction of property or vandalism. If you show me the quote that your tidbit is referring to, then I'll look at it.

Secondly, even if he did voice support for vandalism, that makes him at the very most an accomplice to a petty criminal. That's a long way from terrorism. Terrorism is a very strong word with a very specific definition, and it shouldn't be used lightly.

baggygreen
02-25-09, 09:19 PM
Look, if he gets himself arrested and locked up, he's out of the public eye, so much the better.

He describes Carbon as "pollution". Maybe someone should inform him that carbon is a naturally occurring element, and that all life forms known to man are based on it...

Why is the emphasis on CO2 anyway? Anyone with an idea about chemistry knows that Methane is a naturally occurring gas which has significantly more impact on retaining heat within the atmosphere... where are the hate campaigns against methane production?

SUBMAN1
02-25-09, 09:23 PM
First off, I don't see a quote in that article that supports the destruction of property or vandalism. If you show me the quote that your tidbit is referring to, then I'll look at it.

Secondly, even if he did voice support for vandalism, that makes him at the very most an accomplice to a petty criminal. That's a long way from terrorism. Terrorism is a very strong word with a very specific definition, and it shouldn't be used lightly.
It was big news in the UK. Look it up. Besides, I'm just using 1 of the many outrageous acts that Hansen has performed.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=james+hansen+testifies+uk+eco+terrorists&btnG=Search

And it seems you are in support of terrorism the way describe it above. Let me help you:

Eco-terrorism, also called ecoterrorism or green terrorism, is terrorism committed in support of ecological, environmental, or animal rights causes.
Understand the definition now? What is a top level official from my tax payer funded dollars doing defending this crap? He reminds me of the Frankenstein doctor that has gone mad!

-S

Max2147
02-25-09, 10:43 PM

It was big news in the UK. Look it up. Besides, I'm just using 1 of the many outrageous acts that Hansen has performed.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=james+hansen+testifies+uk+eco+terrorists&btnG=Search

And it seems you are in support of terrorism the way describe it above. Let me help you:

Eco-terrorism, also called ecoterrorism or green terrorism, is terrorism committed in support of ecological, environmental, or animal rights causes.
Understand the definition now? What is a top level official from my tax payer funded dollars doing defending this crap? He reminds me of the Frankenstein doctor that has gone mad!

-S
Whoa, whoa, whoa!

So I say the guy isn't a terrorist, so that somehow makes me pro-terrorism?

Are you really making the graffiti incident out to be a terrorist act? Really? Think about that for a second. I'm not saying graffiti is a good thing, but at very worst it's petty vandalism. The people who did it should be fined and maybe locked up for a bit (depending on the local laws), but calling them terrorists is really over the top.

Look, I'm not saying Hansen is a good guy. He's over the top in my view, and he probably shouldn't work for NASA if he shoots his mouth off that much. But there are a lot of ways to say that you don't agree with a person without calling them a terrorist.

Your definition of eco-terrorism proves nothing. In order for an act to be eco-terrorism, it has to be terrorism in the first place. Terrorism involves violence that produces fear. These greenies may be criminals, but they're not violent and nobody's scared of them (unless you have no backbone).

By branding everybody you don't like a terrorist, you belittle the term and hurt our efforts to stop real terrorists.

Zachstar
02-25-09, 10:52 PM
Subman what the hell is wrong with you? I understand you think GW is bunk but this is a level of libel that is up and beyond even you and can affect this site.

Calm down on the Libel a bit Subman.

Stealth Hunter
02-26-09, 01:17 AM
http://missioncritical.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/picard.jpg

trekchu
02-26-09, 07:48 AM
We have specialy designated areas for legal grafitty in our town, does that make the city council pro-terrorists?

August
02-26-09, 09:23 AM
We have specialy designated areas for legal grafitty in our town,

That is such a German statement to make! :)

"Legal" graffiti is not graffiti, it's "decoration". A bandit that only takes what is freely given to him is not a bandit.

trekchu
02-26-09, 09:28 AM
We have specialy designated areas for legal grafitty in our town,

That is such a German statement to make! :)

"Legal" graffiti is not graffiti, it's "decoration". A bandit that only takes what is freely given to him is not a bandit.

But it is the proper legal term, in the paper it was designated as such. Over here Grafitty is a term used for all sorts of art painted to walls. :|\\

August
02-26-09, 10:16 AM
But it is the proper legal term, in the paper it was designated as such. Over here Grafitty is a term used for all sorts of art painted to walls. :|\\

Iz jes teasin ya dood.

asanovic7
02-27-09, 05:40 AM
Reading this thread was unbelievable..

First, the whole start.. Is the guy terrorist.. Well, US could pollute this damn planet a bit less?

Then, who is pro terrorism.. Fight against terror? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

After that, we eat cowS.. tHEREfor methan is "essential".. If we all turn out to be veggies, no room to live..

The best reply by far is by stealth fighter.. Really, what would capitain do in a situation like this?