PDA

View Full Version : Patch problem!!

Subshamrock
02-14-09, 05:41 AM
Hi guys,

While trying to update my EU DVD copy of SHIII to 1.4b, or any other patch, I get the following error msg..

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\menu\de_help.tx t:unknown version

and can't update!!

I have proper EU DVD patch..not US...any ideas??

nikbear
02-14-09, 05:51 AM
If you bought it recently It might be already patched,the new bargain versions are:yeah:

St. Cobra
02-14-09, 06:26 AM
Check the bottom right hand of the Main Menu screen. It'll probably say 1.4 & therefore doesn't need any patching. I have 1.4 version & I'm betting that yours & mine are 1 & the same.

Jimbuna
02-14-09, 08:36 AM
Welcome aboard Subshamrock http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/welcome.gif

mookiemookie
02-14-09, 08:41 AM
Are you reinstalling the game or installing for the first time? If you're reinstalling, make sure to manually delete the old C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII folder before doing an install. For some reason the uninstaller doesn't always delete the whole thing.

irish1958
02-14-09, 09:17 AM
As noted above, if it is already patched, no problem; if not, the easiest way to get around the problem is to find and delete the offending folder. It will cause no harm and solve a known bug in the install program.

Subshamrock
02-15-09, 03:41 AM
Thx guys...the manual deletion and installation didi the trick!!

Back in the saddle again!!!

Horrido!!

Jimbuna
02-15-09, 08:59 AM
SINK EM ALL!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

kranz
02-20-09, 02:24 PM
What does it mean:

This program cannot update the instal. version of Sh3 US DVD v.1.0 to 1.3 coz of the following reason:

D:/....data\Menu\de_menu.txt: unknown version.

Patch was dl from ubisoft page, tried both-for DVD and Internet version, and the latest-1.4b. Any ideas?

mookiemookie
02-20-09, 02:43 PM
What does it mean:

This program cannot update the instal. version of Sh3 US DVD v.1.0 to 1.3 coz of the following reason:

D:/....data\Menu\de_menu.txt: unknown version.

Patch was dl from ubisoft page, tried both-for DVD and Internet version, and the latest-1.4b. Any ideas?
Are you reinstalling the game or installing for the first time? If you're reinstalling, make sure to manually delete the old C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII folder before doing an install. For some reason the uninstaller doesn't always delete the whole thing.:hmmm:

kranz
02-20-09, 04:05 PM
@mookiemookie
I deleted the folder and I still get the same but maybe it is the problem of having 1.4b already

Check the bottom right hand of the Main Menu screen. It'll probably say 1.4 & therefore doesn't need any patching. I have an EMEA (English) 1.4 version & I'm betting that your's & mine are 1 & the same.

Welcome btw...:)

but I don't see 1.4b in the bottom right corner. Is there any other way of checking this?

kranz
02-21-09, 07:45 AM
solved nabs. I was just trying to install US patch on EMEA version.:har: